Who else is patiently waiting for Nokia SeaRay?

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I find myself very antsy and wanting a WP7 NOW NOW NOW! But I realize that the Nokia phone is likely to be the one that 'hits the spot" more then a Samsung or HTC. Who else is going to be STRONG like me and wait another month?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to find a replacement for my Nokia N8. I am not a big Symbian fan. I may have to wait until 2012, but that's ok.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i had that same feeling of now now now now, so I hit up eBay for the HTC Arrive, but it was the perfect fit since I'm on Sprint and I wanted a physical keyboard

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It would be a bold face lie, if I said I was patiently waiting for any Nokia WP7 device, cause that is not the case. I want my Nokia like yesterday!!!

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting, but depending on what is shown tomorrow with ICS I will probably dump my Arrive and go back to my Nexus S 4G when it becomes available. I'm looking for two things:

1. Fully hardware accelerated UI in Ice Cream (the biggest reason I left Android, on top of fragmentation)
2. Better battery life

If these two things are highlighted/shown I will switch my line from my Arrive back to my Nexus (when the update is available). It will be hard because I like Windows Phone so much (being able to use hands-free in the car is my favorite feature because it is smoother and easier to use than Android), but Microsoft's lack of attention to Windows Phone is making me feel like the old days with my Pre.

Yes, right now is the wrong time to try and hype Windows Phone (maybe?) because of iPhone 4s hype and ICS and Nexus Prime hype. However, it still doesn't stop them from doing the small things to improve Windows Phone in the meantime, such as updating their own apps (really just ports....such as Angry Birds for background running and 60 FPS or Fruit Ninja for background running and 60 FPS). The fact that they haven't even updated THEIR OWN APPS (let alone they probably haven't even pushed for other developers to update their apps to Mango) makes me feel uncertain about the platform. Heck, with all the money they have they could simply contact all the developers for say like the top 100 apps in the marketplace and promote them to update them to include like what...3 or 4 lines of Mango code for a sum of money. Just the fact that they're sitting "satisfied" after releasing Mango kinda ticks me off...

It just feels like Windows Phone is a pet project for them to see if they can compete in the mobile wars. If they lose it'll be like "meh...we tried" and they'll move on with their other projects and the integration they're preparing for between XBox, Windows 8, etc...

adamopinheiro

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I between the Nokia SeaRay or the iPhone 4S. Really really want Nokia to make a innovative device.

I'm a little dissapointed with Nokia after the N8. Don't know how I as able to hold onto it for so long (a year now). I desperately need another phone but I'm reluctant to go with iPhone and Android isn't an option for me.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i never liked NOKIA ( dunno if it was bad luck but ALL the nokia phones ive sold in store have come back and been exchanged for other phones ( they always had problems ) Mind you the American NOkia phones Suck compare to the once in the middle east and Europe ..

bad experience for me.

so Samsung focus S it is.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, I thought I was the only one who disliked NOKIA phones.
i never liked NOKIA ( dunno if it was bad luck but ALL the nokia phones ive sold in store have come back and been exchanged for other phones ( they always had problems ) Mind you the American NOkia phones Suck compare to the once in the middle east and Europe ..

bad experience for me.

so Samsung focus S it is.
Although the N9 looks hot!

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had tons of Nokia phones as that's all you could ever get here at one time until Sony Ericsson stuck their nose in.

My last Nokia was the N95. (Loved it, but it was a bit of a brick)

5aec67%7C5e46_6264-NokiaN958GBa.jpg

My Omnia 7 beats the pants out of anything I've had so far of course. :)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Have never really like Nokia styling. I will pick up a Titan but I am not very patient. My family has gotten their 4s phones and getting incredible HSPA speeds while I am still getting dial up speeds. :(

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
My first Nokia was the N8. I also bought one for my wife, so I actually have two. It's been a great phone, zero problems. The camera and Nokia maps are outstanding. Once a comparable Nokia Win7 phone comes out, I'll get it. I am not a big Symbian3 fan, but it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99