Who else is patiently waiting for Nokia SeaRay?

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Not patiently but I AM waiting, if the sea comes out in europe with pentaband, I will import that. If it dosnt have pentaband I guess I will have to wait for the ace next year, but it will be hard considering I want WP NOW so I may be tempted by titan and focus S... Currently I have a GS2 and its a great phone, just that wp7 is so damn good....and that sea ray in particular is just wow! Design wise for me. Please announce some good stuff for Nokia World!! A sea ray for US this year would be amazing, doubtful though...

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
I've got a chance to get a very cheap Samsung Omnia 7, but I too will wait for an announcement from Nokia World on 26 October.

Living in Europe I'm hoping I will see the new Nokias before you US guys!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
meh FOCUS S is gona come out before it ?? and its better . lol..

pretty much same specs cept the S is gona have bigger and better screen..

my prediction was right,, im staying with Samsung. lol

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
i want a 4g nokia slab for sprint with expandable memory, 4inch screen thats high res, and some good speakers but sprint sucks so my dreams will probably be crushed when they release them next week.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
parson my naive-ness however I am new to the whole Mobile Tech world. Why is Nokia held to such regard? I see things posted all over that if any one is to open the eyes of WP7 it's Nikia.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
parson my naive-ness however I am new to the whole Mobile Tech world. Why is Nokia held to such regard? I see things posted all over that if any one is to open the eyes of WP7 it's Nikia.

Fantastic build quality. Excellent cameras. They've always had great hardware, just awful software powering their phones

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Couple of reason, I'll use my N8 as an example pentaband GSM covers all GSM markets, Nokia Maps, 12MP camera Carl Zeiss lens, radio transmitter, HDMI port, solid one piece unibody anodized aluminum body.

Nokia uses quality components in their builds. There's a website called what does it cost, that tears mobile phones down looks at their components and estimates how much it cost the manufacturer to make. The Nokia N8, which I still have cost more to build than the iPhone.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Not patiently but I AM waiting, if the sea comes out in europe with pentaband, I will import that. If it dosnt have pentaband I guess I will have to wait for the ace next year, but it will be hard considering I want WP NOW so I may be tempted by titan and focus S... Currently I have a GS2 and its a great phone, just that wp7 is so damn good....and that sea ray in particular is just wow! Design wise for me. Please announce some good stuff for Nokia World!! A sea ray for US this year would be amazing, doubtful though...

Install the wp7 launcher and wait it out if you can.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Couple of reason, I'll use my N8 as an example pentaband GSM covers all GSM markets, Nokia Maps, 12MP camera Carl Zeiss lens, radio transmitter, HDMI port, solid one piece unibody anodized aluminum body.

Nokia uses quality components in their builds. There's a website called what does it cost, that tears mobile phones down looks at their components and estimates how much it cost the manufacturer to make. The Nokia N8, which I still have cost more to build than the iPhone.

Good info. I'll be honest. Everytime I heard Nolia I though tabout that small phone, the 5800 I think. Never thought of them as being premium hardware.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
This is why Nokia is highly rated: "After pulling the N9 from the box, I was immediately impressed by the sleek feel of the N9 including the high quality feel of the plastic. The display is soft and smooth and I can’t stop myself from rubbing the display with my finger. The glass on the display is curved and molds around the edges into the front shell. The design is fantastic and if Nokia brings a Windows Phone device in this form factor I know what device I am going to buy."

"The Nokia N9 hardware is absolutely beautiful and I am having a hard time putting it down. The glass on the front is curved and designed to give it a wonderful feel. The back is angled nicely at the four corners and it is tough to stop rubbing such a nice back design."

Here's the Nokia N9 MeeGo phone and you can't have it (review) | ZDNet

N9 camera comes out tops here: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phon...-nokia-n8-nokia-n9-camera-phone-shootout/6730

Another hardware overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2teHfkuif4

Picture all that on a 4.3 superphone. 'Nuff said! :)

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Highly rated, so much they about to take a nosedive into non-existence. I wonder if they would have paid more attention to software, they wouldn't be losing so much marketshare. Style over substance never pays off.
The last Nokia I ever bought.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
They definitely know how to make good hardware, the N8 and E7 are built much better than any current WP7 device but let down by the OS. Substitute WP7 for Symbian and a Nokia device is a totally different proposition.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss