OneNote and SharePoint

Derekius

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
My coworkers and I are currently hosting a couple of OneNote notebooks on an in-house SharePoint 2007 server that is accessible over the Internet via HTTPS. We hope to upgrade to SharePoint 2010 shortly, and I was wondering...does Windows Phone's implementation of OneNote allow opening SharePoint-based notebooks or is it limited to SkyDrive and local notebooks only?

For some context, I have carried a BlackBerry for the past 7 years and am considering a platform change. OneNote on the go would be a big benefit for work, but we have no interest in moving our notebooks from our in-house SharePoint server to a SkyDrive.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Straight from the OneNote FAQ on the phone:

Access notes from anywhere

OneNote Mobile can keep your notes in sync with your Windows Live SkyDrive account. That means you’ll be able to use your phone and your computer to access the same shared notebook. Edit a note on your computer and you’ll be able to see that change on your phone (and vice versa).

To get started, tap All, and then tap Refresh. When the sync completes, the note will appear in your “Personal (Web)” notebook at http://office.live.com.

OneNote Mobile also syncs with shared notebooks on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.

Derekius

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Is SharePoint integration a Mango feature? I was playing with a buddy's AT&T Focus (no Mango love, yet) and the only options I saw for opening or creating notebooks talked about SkyDrive.

Either way, this sounds awesome. Now I just need to see it in action :p. Thanks for the post.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is SharePoint integration a Mango feature? I was playing with a buddy's AT&T Focus (no Mango love, yet) and the only options I saw for opening or creating notebooks talked about SkyDrive.

Either way, this sounds awesome. Now I just need to see it in action :p. Thanks for the post.

I know Office got a big update with Mango so I'm guessing that's when OneNote got updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6