No More "Extras" in Pictures Hub??

puredrive07

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed there is no longer an "Extras" option in the Pictures Hub? And what I mean is that I was always able to choose an "Extras" option that would allow me to upload my pictures either to Photobucket or other Photo Apps. Am I the only one that has noticed this? Here's a picture to show you what I am talking about:
no_extras_optionWP75.jpg

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. 'Share' still goes to diff apps, and I still have an 'apps' option, and also 'share to skydrive'.

regional thing?

puredrive07

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. 'Share' still goes to diff apps, and I still have an 'apps' option, and also 'share to skydrive'.

regional thing?

Share only has Messaging, emails, facebook, skydrive and twitter. Before Mango there was an Extras option that would show you apps like Photobucket, Colorized, etc. that were already installed on your phone. Just stinks because I have to go find the app instead of being intergrated like before :-(

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I've got the apps option on place of extras. US build here.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

puredrive07

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've got the apps option on place of extras. US build here.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Hmm I wonder if it is because the Apps that I normally use don't work with Mango and don't come up as options to use? Could you recommend an App that you are using so I can test this theory?

Zune player works fine in offering me other Video/Radio Apps.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just a guess, but I'm thinking that apps have to use the new App Connect feature to show up in the apps... option. So if the app hasn't been updated for Mango, it probably won't show up there anymore.

Edit: beat me to it :)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have photobucket on my phone and I don't have the option to share to that app but I downloaded flikr and I do have the option to share to flikr.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Photobucket just released an update yesterday and it shows up as an option in my Pictures Hub when I chose "share". Hope that helps

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess I can get rid of flikr now. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

I got rid of Flickr because I never used my Yahoo account for anything except Flickr and they closed it, including my Flickr account! So, in a way, they got rid of me me rather than the other way around. It made me laugh because Skydrive and Photobucket are happy to have me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb