Are you having fun with WP7? Does anybody know?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Let me start by saying, I dig my HTC Arrive. I'd like the Samsung Focus but my carrier is Sprint. Anyway, I dig my WP7 and I wondered for a long time what is missing along with the meager advertizing so far? Its the fact that I don't know who else is having fun with it. Apple just launched the Iphone 4s. Its largely successful not so much because its iphone, its because we get to constantly see people having fun with it. Siri isn't new but because of its integration into the iphone 4s, we are hearing people have fun using it...and its still BETA. Same with android but I won't bother going into the peaks and valleys with them, you already know by walking into any cell store.

I gotta tell you, I want to feel like I'm apart of something bigger too. I want to feel like others are having fun with Windows Phone Mango. The best way to know that is the big screen. I have to also tell you, I don't like this feeling of isolation. I don't and I'm troubled that I feel like that. My phone works and works well. But like any consumerist, I want to see what others are doing. It has to happen with this phone for me and it has to happen in the near future.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im not having much fun right now to be honest.. ( i honestly got a wp7 90% for Gaming , witch sort has been a disappointment for me so far )

but i will be having ALLOT of fun when FUSION: SENTINA/genesis come out , and WOWO WORLD. :)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Definitely. Doing more IM'ing, watching online videos, getting texts read via BT, tweeting from the phone, watching my picture hub slideshow. Persuaded my buddy to buy a DVP and one of his recent texts was that he was having so much fun with the phone. And of course just scrolling my start screen looking at all those lovely pinned Last FM tiles of Vanessa Williams, Tamia and Toni Braxton!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am enjoying my focus more with mango its zippier and while I dont play games on it it keeps me more in touch with the people hub and weather channel tile works better. I can read the bible with acrobible and take notes in the program!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
im not having much fun right now to be honest.. ( i honestly got a wp7 90% for Gaming , witch sort has been a disappointment for me so far )

but i will be having ALLOT of fun when FUSION: SENTINA/genesis come out , and WOWO WORLD. :)

Don't know what any of those things are but that isn't what I'm getting at.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea it's fun when it does what I want, when it doesn't I make a sad face and admire iphone's or android.

Example: "Let's use some voice navigation!" Awwww....

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I gotta tell you, I want to feel like I'm apart of something bigger too.

You are. It's called the human race. Use your phone and give someone you haven't spoken to in a while a call. It'll make them happy and make you happy. And it'll make you feel more connected, be more fun, and be more worthwhile than owning any phone on any platform and knowing X amount of other people own the same phone/the same platform ever will.

At the end of the day phones are just things. Who cares what the format is and how many others have one as long as you're happy with it? Use them to have a life - don't make them your life.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Im having fun to have a smooth experience 95% of the time and to have seamless access with my contacts without a lot of app switching

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Someone in my little town apparently had a little fun; I just check the ...i'm a WP7 app (5 people showed) and one person's status says "Been done got f-cked retarded ><" :confused:

Also, I came across an HD7s user yesterday.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It's only a phone. It's not a life line to happiness.

See that's where you're wrong. A land line is just a phone. "Dumb" phones are just a phone. When you connect people via social media with this handset it is no longer "just a phone" This is an ecosystem. Look it up. Now it has meaning and my friends make me happy and my phone is that link or using your word, lifeline to that. If yours doesn't, that's a personal problem.

My point is this. Much of how ecosystems work is a perpetual connection to something bigger and others that share in that experience with you. Too often I feel alone in the world on my Windows Phone. Not all the time but I do have moments. With the exception of those of you who are regulars here and on Facebook, where are the rest? What are we doing? In short, where is the Batman signal?? That is the way major platforms communicate to the world, what, where and how we do what we do. Rim did it, WebOS did it, Apple did it and Google did it. We got youtube. Where are the big splashy ads on billboards, TV and in the movies? Why don't we seem to matter more than we do?

I'm doing what I can to advocate for this platform but I guess I'm getting restless. I'm at a point today that I'm even considering abandoning the platform. I won't do that today but at this rate, who knows.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Its an uphill battle with MS right now but their fighting back. Just think about it this way ppl will think your phone is dope and unique it will make you stand out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077