Marketplace live tile shows app updates but when i click on it there are none

corinthos

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've deleted the live tile. Deleted history from browser settings. Synced with zune. Deleted all my apps but the games and redownloaded them.
I think it started occuring after mango on my focus. At first it was 5 and about each time an update occurs it goes up 1. I am able to update apps fine but after I update the number goes away then a couple hours later it comes back with +1. Now it tells me I had 14 updates on the live tile until i click on it and nothing is there.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happens with me. And yes, it started with Mango.

It's not a huge deal to me, as it doesn't affect my daily use, but it is a strange bug.

corinthos

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok i'll just leave it alone then just making sure it wasn't just me. Just a little annoying because it gets my hopes up for app updates then I click on it and :( .

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually just noticed this today myself. I thought it happened once before but wasn't sure. I had a notice there were 3 updates. When I tapped the marketplace app, there were only 2. I updated and it still showed I had 1 left. That notice went away after awhile.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I don't know if this might help you but I somehow noticed this bug as well:

Whenever I get new updates, I do the usual thing: Tap on Marketplace, then tap on the "# updates" notice, then "update all" but here's the key factor; instead of tapping the home button, just go back home by tapping the back button till you get there and the update number will be gone, if you don't do this and just tap on the Windows logo, the number of update will remain there on the live tile (or at least that's what ALWAYS happens to me)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I don't know if this might help you but I somehow noticed this bug as well:

Whenever I get new updates, I do the usual thing: Tap on Marketplace, then tap on the "# updates" notice, then "update all" but here's the key factor; instead of tapping the home button, just go back home by tapping the back button till you get there and the update number will be gone, if you don't do this and just tap on the Windows logo, the number of update will remain there on the live tile (or at least that's what ALWAYS happens to me)

havent experienced anything like that on my focus. I dont think that I hve had more than 1 update at a time show up.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine is the Sprint Arrive. Next time it does it, I'll try the trick and see if it works. I do notice it eventually goes away no matter what.

BobbyCannon

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with the tile always saying 5. Then I would get a new update and it would go to 6. I would start marketplace update the one update and the number would go away. Later on the 5 would return.

I hard rebooted my phone (hold power then swipe down) then removed the battery. When it started up it still said 5. However when I started marketplace it showed 5 updates! woot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa