British Accent Voice?

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I live in the US and was wondering if it is possible to change the female voice on my WP to the sexier british accent voice on the UK WP?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just change the Region Format to English UK steve_w_7 :)

Settings / Region+Language / Region Format / English UK

Remember to press the tap here link to accept the changes and reboot the phone :)

Remember though that you might lose some bing services that are not available in the UK
so change browser and search language back to English US. (Right at the bottom of settings)

Let us know if it was successful :)

Last edited:

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Just change the Region Format to English UK steve_w_7 :)

Settings / Region+Language / Region Format / English UK

Remember to press the tap here link to accept the changes and reboot the phone :)

Remember though that you might lose some bing services that are not available in the UK
so change browser and search language back to English US. (Right at the bottom of settings)

Let us know if it was successful :)
I tried that, but the voice didn't change. In fact, as a test, I tried changing it to French and nothing happened -- not even the text changed. I suspect that my mobile carrier (t-mobile) may have locked that functionality down. Does that work for you if you change the Region on your phone?
I've got the HD7 by the way.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried that, but the voice didn't change. In fact, as a test, I tried changing it to French and nothing happened -- not even the text changed. I suspect that my mobile carrier (t-mobile) may have locked that functionality down. Does that work for you if you change the Region on your phone?
I've got the HD7 by the way.
I changed it to US and got the american accent.

Much prefer the UK one as I think she sounds much less robotic than the US voice LOL.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I hate how it finds your location before it searches..considering search results come first, then local is one tab over. meh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3