I live in the US and was wondering if it is possible to change the female voice on my WP to the sexier british accent voice on the UK WP?
    10-18-2011 01:31 PM
    Just change the Region Format to English UK steve_w_7 :)

Settings / Region+Language / Region Format / English UK

Remember to press the tap here link to accept the changes and reboot the phone :)

Remember though that you might lose some bing services that are not available in the UK
    so change browser and search language back to English US. (Right at the bottom of settings)

Let us know if it was successful :)
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 10-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    10-18-2011 01:41 PM
    Just change the Region Format to English UK steve_w_7 :)

Settings / Region+Language / Region Format / English UK

Remember to press the tap here link to accept the changes and reboot the phone :)

Remember though that you might lose some bing services that are not available in the UK
    so change browser and search language back to English US. (Right at the bottom of settings)

Let us know if it was successful :)
    I tried that, but the voice didn't change. In fact, as a test, I tried changing it to French and nothing happened -- not even the text changed. I suspect that my mobile carrier (t-mobile) may have locked that functionality down. Does that work for you if you change the Region on your phone?
    I've got the HD7 by the way.
    10-18-2011 05:17 PM
    Sexy accent like this?

Anyway, do UK WPs have a British accent? I don't think I've heard a speech synthesizer with different accents for English before. It would be neat if they could figure out a way to have custom synthesized voices, like from characters from video games, shows, and whatnot.
    10-18-2011 08:11 PM
    Like this...

10-18-2011 11:30 PM
    I tried that, but the voice didn't change. In fact, as a test, I tried changing it to French and nothing happened -- not even the text changed. I suspect that my mobile carrier (t-mobile) may have locked that functionality down. Does that work for you if you change the Region on your phone?
    I've got the HD7 by the way.
    I changed it to US and got the american accent.

Much prefer the UK one as I think she sounds much less robotic than the US voice LOL.
    10-19-2011 03:01 AM
    Like this...

Yes that her. :)
    10-19-2011 03:01 AM
    I agree. I like the UK voice better for that reason.
    Still haven't figured out how to change it though...
    10-19-2011 11:07 AM
    I had Sofia Vergara do all the voice-overs for my phone. I can barely understand her but it sounds so hot...
    10-19-2011 11:08 AM
    I hate how it finds your location before it searches..considering search results come first, then local is one tab over. meh
    10-19-2011 12:34 PM
    Contacted HTC and they informed me that there is no way to change the voice.
    10-19-2011 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD