Installing a paid app on 2 different Windows Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I have a HTC Trophy and have been using it for awhile, buying a number of apps. I just bought my mum a Windows Phone, and want to show her how awesome it is. There are some apps that I have paid for that she would also like, and I imagine there is a way to download the apps on both phones.

I tried adding my Windows Live ID to her phone, (along with her Live ID which was added at setup) but this didn't solve anything and I still didn't get any prompt to reinstall the app because I've already bought it.

I know it is possible, because there are guides out there saying how one can reinstall apps on their new phone. But I can't seem to do it when a Windows Live ID is already attached to the phone. On iPhones, it is as simple as typing your Apple ID into the Marketplace when buying apps. :/

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

As far as i remember Chicken7 the only way to change the Live ID in the phone after initially adding one is do reset the phone. (You can't just add another and use that instead)

No idea if this will let you install the same app twice though.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
When you purchase an app from the market you are just getting one copy for one phone anything else is piracy. There might be ways to do this but the conversation is not allowed on these forums. The best way for you to get those apps for her is to purchase them again. This helps support the developers and is good for the Windows Phone community.

Thread closed,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers