Siri Pisses Me Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is talking about all the great things Siri says on the iPhone 4s and nobody seems to realize that it is all the same answers that are given by wolfram alpha. All they did was hook it up to voice commands. It's really nothing special.

What do you hate about Mac-Heads?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just because it does the same thing as a text entry field at a website does not make it redundant. I typed in a question I asked last weekend. "What is the phone number to the cheesecake factory in kenwood?" Came up with nothing but half a phone number. Not even close to the right number.

Jealousy is tough sometimes I know. Siri has some limitations like any speech recognition still, but it is very advanced as well.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I use a Mac and PCs, but I don't think Siri is that big of a deal. It's more of something to add to a feature set that's running out of things to ad. People are going to play with it when they first get their phone, but soon it'll die down.

I've always thought speech recognition was more of a party trick.

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
What makes me mad about it is that people say that apple has this great common lenguage speech commands. But when I read the diologe its not anything new its just voice controls for wolfram alpha (Wolfram alpha is really advanced so siri isn't a BAD thing its just not as "NEW" / "Inovative" as people say it is. Its not AI and its not original dialog). I just don't see why people make such a big deal about it.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im more pissed about Icloud and how all the apple fan boys seem to think they invented it.. lol

my Budy was showing me Icloud ,, and how apple was so great cause of it....

when i told him i had it for a year..... it prety much ended the convo lol.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Apple can take a rock, polish it, call it an iRock and be successful.

That's what they do. They take an existing technology, polish it, and market it very well.

Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3