The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    this morning i was on a delivery run and while i was waiting at a vendor, i did some quick task management using Appamundi's Tasks app. as soon as i cleared some tasks, marking them complete, my phone starting ringing its notification chime. it's been ringing now for about 1 hour. when i turn it off and turn it back on, it starts ringing. when i uninstalled Tasks and restarted it kept ringing. when i started the video to try and capture the sound, it stopped, but when i stopped recording, it started ringing. it's constant.

i dont know if Tasks caused or if it was coincidence. but it's driving me crazy!

has anyone ever encountered this?

additional info:

when i mute it, it doesn't vibrate.

2nd update: it appears to have stopped. why? i have no idea.

3rd update: ITS BACK. it just started chiming. and now it's stuck between chimes and it's humming. perhaps it's a hardware issue.

4th update: as the battery wore down, i plugged it in and it made its little chime and then stopped. perhaps its possible there was a little water in the usb port (it's raining today) and that shorted out the contacts and caused it to continuously repeat the "i'm charging" chime.
    Last edited by gunboatd; 10-20-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: additional info
    10-20-2011 10:27 AM
    Regardless of whether Microsoft or Samsung is at fault for your issues, it proves that Apple's model of "full vertical integration" just works.
    10-20-2011 11:48 AM
    ive seen other people have this issu with SAMSUNG phones.

try doing a HARD reset if u dont mind losing ur info. seems to fix it.

Regardless of whether Microsoft or Samsung is at fault for your issues, it proves that Apple's model of "full vertical integration" just works.
    i dont get how this has to do with apple? but ok... MS and apple are pretty much on par and honestly i find MS to be better. its 100% preference. they pretty much do the same thing ( if anything apple has less of a Intergration *specially with W8 comming)
    Apoc likes this.
    10-20-2011 11:53 AM
    I had a short incident pre mango with that and I turned the phone off pulled the battery and waited about 30 secs and put the battery back in and waited a while longer and turned it on havent had another incident since! Dont know what caused it but I hope it doesn't happen again. If it does i will work on figuring it out!
    10-20-2011 02:03 PM
    LOL, I've had this happen to me a few times. Battery pull didn't help me. What I did to get it to stop beeping was hooking it up to my PC and did a sync with Zune. I don't know if that did it, or if it was just done beeping.
    10-20-2011 02:07 PM
    What the **** you talking about.
    10-20-2011 02:08 PM
    10-20-2011 09:31 PM
    I've had this problem twice in the year that I've owned a Samsung focus. Both times I wound up having to invoke the warranty and get a new one (refurbished) from AT&T. And yes, I tried all the fixes described above to no avail.
    01-26-2012 08:36 AM
    Please share whatever drugs you are on. They seem fantastic!
    01-26-2012 09:07 AM
    You forgot,

01-26-2012 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD