Engadget's N9 review.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Nokia N9 review -- Engadget

It shows a deep look into our future Nokia Searay and I'm digging this phone a lot. They say the display comparable to samsung's SAMD+ display, the unibody design is durable and feels great in the hand. It has a little led notification and a great camera.

I can't wait for the handons on the real mango deal :D.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well Nokia will incorporate they awesome software into all windows phones, so there's a good chance you can buy that camera app =). Since there's going to be Ovi maps and all that cool stuff. I kinda want to buy this phone, the 64g version :D.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Well Nokia will incorporate they awesome software into all windows phones, so there's a good chance you can buy that camera app =). Since there's going to be Ovi maps and all that cool stuff. I kinda want to buy this phone, the 64g version :D.
Traitor to windows phone tribe kill him :D

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Traitor to windows phone tribe kill him :D

No no, I mean the Searay version. Why are you guys having torches? it's it cold outside?

NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

woman-screaming.jpg

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
No no, I mean the Searay version. Why are you guys having torches? it's it cold outside?

NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

woman-screaming.jpg

the decision been made we cant go back unless you offer mango's for every member
about the torch i don't know i like how it sound everyone has a torch in his life to light his road :p

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'll stop taking jabs at Nokia. Those photos of the N9 that engadget have up are amazing looking! Not like the rows and rows of icons, but the phone itself is A+. Good job Nokia. I can't wait to see the SeaRay!

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
couple of quick things i noticed.
1: it doesnt seem to be as fluid as mango does
2: i love the swype to the right to get a notification tray
3: love the red x to close apps in the card tray
4: ringtone and standard volume are individual
5: back and forward in web browser
6: no landscape in maps
7: the drive app, what they showed, looked good. better than bing
8: has a front camera, but nothing, it seems, uses it.
9: drop dead beautiful hardware

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Nice. It definitely makes me look forward to what they'll bring to WP.

MeeGo is interesting; it looks like a mix of a bunch of other OSs and seems okay. Still, I disagree with the reviewer and think they made the right decision to go with WP.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
kinda annoying how Engadget stays bashing mango.

But of course it still won't compare to their precious ios, its just Mango that gets the bashing. Typical. There will never be an impartial review of anything related to Microsoft from that site, its a crime that they have so much influence to sway people incorrectly against Microsoft products.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is like I said in the Engadget comments looks like a birth child of ios and webos its def nice and very capable but mango it self is so different. The idea of hubs and the focus on the os isn't like any of its kind. This combines heavy multitasking and icons for apps. This is should be compared to ios and android if anything. I'd rather see mango on this type of hardware no doubt.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Didn't think I'd ever go from the 4.0" screen of my Focus to a 3.7" screen, but the build quality and look of the N9 hardware have me absolutely smitten.

Unless the Nokia Ace blows me away, I think I'm going to be buying the Sea Ray / Nokia 800.

The big question is: blue or black?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...The big question is: blue or black?

I remember reading about a few problems Nokia had with the N8 and the blue anodized aluminum case. The blue would rub off a bit. If it's properly anodized it shouldn't rub off at all, since it becomes part of the metal. The black and orange N8 were fine.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
N9 isn't anodized aluminum. It's a single slab of polycarbonate. If you scuff it there's no noticeable difference as it's just one piece of basically plastic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05