Engadget's N9 review.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
LOL! I see that now. It sure looks like anodized aluminum. :D

I'm quite interested in seeing it in person. I always thought that what is basically plastic can't be that great to hold in your hand, but this is the second review I've read that says the hardware/build is basically the best they've seen

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
the hardware look really gorgeous but i really want to know what windows phone nokia going to announce in the conference other than searay because a lot of people know that they are going to show the searay there should be something like a A surprise to wow the audience and its specially been made for windows phone 7

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
the hardware look really gorgeous but i really want to know what windows phone nokia going to announce in the conference other than searay because a lot of people know that they are going to show the searay there should be something like a A surprise to wow the audience and its specially been made for windows phone 7

I agree!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
That's a sharp looking phone. Can't wait until Verizon gets one. Hopefully before my next upgrade.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

L

lumic

I hope Nokia can push the three-homescreen paradigm into Apollo. I really like it and think it is a smart way of doing things - in WP's case, it would probably be notifications, tiles and app list. I also think that Microsoft should think about doing limitless multitasking and possibly implement the Nokia method - having a grid of windows shows you much more content at one time.

To be honest, I would totally buy a MeeGo handset if it had a future. The UI is at the very least as good as Metro (IMHO of course), and it will be easier for developers since it isn't as easy to f*** up.

I'm quite interested in seeing it in person. I always thought that what is basically plastic can't be that great to hold in your hand, but this is the second review I've read that says the hardware/build is basically the best they've seen
I've had a hands-on with the N9, and let me assure you - it feels extremely solid and does not have that plasticky feel you'd get from the Samsung Galaxy range. It felt amazing in the hand, and the Sea Ray could very well be my next handset.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear.

I love my Focus, but the build quality is sorely, sorely lacking.

The screen size trade-off is going to be a tough decision though.

Edit:
I also very much agree on the notification screen. I think we should have three panoramic screens:
1. Main Tile Screen
2. Application List Screen
3. Notification Screen

The ordering would be 3 / 1 / 2 but it would be a panoramic swipe where if you kept going to one side or the other, you'd ultimately end up back where you started. Fits the whole UI paradigm to a "T" as well

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm also surprise about this two things.

1- the display is as good as Super Amoled Plus.
2- the camera is worst than the Galaxy S II.

I totally though it was going to reversed but it just makes choosing between this and the Focus that much harder.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
It certainly would be great to have a better notifications system. It is pretty non-existent right now. A swipe to the right would be great.

As far as unlimited multi-tasking, they should NOT do that. The whole point is that the OS works fluidly and doesn't bog down. I don want to have to have a "task killer" for my device to run smoothly.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd love it if they kept the Notification LED when this becomes the Nokia 800 (SeaRay whatever...). Its one of the only things I actually miss from my Blackberry and Android days.

Still, I'm all over this phone. It looks great. Can't wait til Wednesday!

adamopinheiro

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm impressed how this new industrial design from Nokia fits WP. It seems they were meant for one another specially with all those colours meeting with the tiles. Awesome.

Can't wait for Nokia World.

I really hope they leaked Nokia 800 on purpose to tease us but have a top notch device to show. What device? The device they call it internally "The card up our sleeves", the ACE.

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The Ace is going to be the suprise... a high end device that I have a feeling is going to blow a lot of people away, maybe even Engadget.... Nah... thier AOHell parents wouldnt like it if they shifted off of the MS bashing.

adamopinheiro

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that makes me believe that the ACE exists is the fact that the CEO himself leaked the 800. If this was supposed to be the best to show I doubt it he would have done that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett