10-27-2011 06:29 PM
201 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Looks like I'm getting a month-to-month contract for my Focus next month until Nokia hits the US. I feel like I would kick myself if I go with a non-Nokia phone now. The apps it comes with just seem amazing compared to the Samsung or HTC apps.
    What are the different apps?
    Nokia Music
    Nokia Maps
    ESPN Sports Hub

Any others?
    10-26-2011 05:23 AM
    I'm somewhat partial to the blue myself. Nice to see some WP handsets with a bit of color for a change. I think people get kind of fatigued with the basic black all around.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    10-26-2011 05:25 AM
    Dear god, the 710 is absolutely hideous.

Nokia's Lumia 710 Windows Phone announced alongside the 800, hitting select markets by end of year -- Engadget

How can a company that makes something as lovely looking as the N9/800 also make something that looks like a dumbphone from 5 years ago?
    10-26-2011 05:27 AM
    Yes the 710 is hideous in my eyes too, but no doubt some will think it's gorgeous LOL

Someone said my Omnia 7 was hideous because its was so square, that's what i loved about it when we first met. :)

Still haven't seen a phone i like as much as it's design yet.

But as you know, it's all subjective.
    10-26-2011 05:28 AM
    Woke up early to see some Nokia goodness. I should have stayed in bed. I guess they didn't have have ACE up their sleeve.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    10-26-2011 05:30 AM
    I was a bit underwhelmed by the Keynote address. I'm glad that they streamed it, but everyone except for Elop himself need public speaking classes. Annoying.

I like the devices. They are just not what as amazing as we were all expecting. The 800 would certainly fulfill my needs at this point, but by the time it gets to the 'States I hope they have a replacement.
    10-26-2011 05:31 AM
    I was a bit underwhelmed by the Keynote address. I'm glad that they streamed it, but everyone except for Elop himself need public speaking classes. Annoying.

I like the devices. They are just not what as amazing as we were all expecting. The 800 would certainly fulfill my needs at this point, but by the time it gets to the 'States I hope they have a replacement.
    I agree, they were rather bad, the part where the guy asked for some applause because he thought he deserved it, made me cringe.
    10-26-2011 05:33 AM
    Dear god, the 710 is absolutely hideous.

Nokia's Lumia 710 Windows Phone announced alongside the 800, hitting select markets by end of year -- Engadget

How can a company that makes something as lovely looking as the N9/800 also make something that looks like a dumbphone from 5 years ago?
    The 710 hideousness up close. (Next to a Titan)

10-26-2011 05:36 AM
    And an 800 hands on.

10-26-2011 05:39 AM

i love the colors of the phone
    10-26-2011 05:49 AM
    It looks like a Fisher Price. Sorry but that's what it reminds me of. :)
    10-26-2011 05:50 AM
    i don't know what fisher Price is but i would get it for my self or my sister or gift for any member of my family

but between this and the 800 i would get the 800 blue version when it reach here which they will in the middle of 2012 rofl

when will joe comes to the stage i want to know if there is something new toward wp7
    10-26-2011 05:59 AM
    Fisher Price make plastic kids toys torchxit.

It's all subjective as I said earlier. You like, you buy. :)
    10-26-2011 06:03 AM
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. ;)
    10-26-2011 06:05 AM
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. ;)
    Absolutely palandri, couldn't agree more. :)
    10-26-2011 06:08 AM
    Fisher Price make plastic kids toys torchxit.

It's all subjective as I said earlier. You like, you buy. :)

they are marketing the youth if don't like youth then i guess you are old man :D
    even im 27 i would get it but still my eyes still on the 800 blue version with monster headphones
    10-26-2011 06:09 AM
    I am old unfortunately torchxit. LOL (Well oldish)

51's not old right ? ;)
    10-26-2011 06:15 AM
    Absolutely palandri, couldn't agree more. :)
    It's like when the Nokia N8 came out in orange. I thought who in their right mind would buy a phone that looks like a pumpkin. Well, many people liked it. :giggle:
    10-26-2011 06:17 AM

51's not old right ? ;)
    :D lol ok now you got a great reason to disagree with me :P
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    10-26-2011 06:17 AM
    :D lol ok now you got a great reason to disagree with me :P
    Well thank you, i feel better now torchxit. (I Think) ;)
    10-26-2011 06:18 AM

51's not old right ? ;)
    It's okay WeeBear, I still know what Fisher Price is, and yes they do look like that. But it isn't necessarily a bad thing I think.
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    10-26-2011 06:28 AM
    It's okay WeeBear, I still know what Fisher Price is, and yes they do look like that. But it isn't necessarily a bad thing I think.
    Ah good thanks for that BurnEthanol.

And no it's not. :)
    10-26-2011 06:35 AM

i love the colors of the phone
    Now imagine that phone with the dark theme and another colour. Instant epilepsy!

Or, what Nokia have done is effectively make even the limited customisation you can do in WP7 impossible.

I dunno about Fisher Price. Lego, maybe! Or this, which is my daughter's toy phone:

Mobile Phone : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop

It's quite a disturbing resemblance!
    palandri likes this.
    10-26-2011 07:30 AM
    i dont understand why dont they have front facing cameras? or something else i really expected more. i got a feeling there will be more tomorrow. i hope. the lumia 800 is a nice phone but theres no reason why it couldnt have had a front facing camera and expandable memory. either why if thats what i have to settle for im getting one my next upgrade cause there def coming to a cdma network so theres a chance its coming to sprint and that design is to sexy to pass up!
    10-26-2011 07:33 AM
    Now imagine that phone with the dark theme and another colour. Instant epilepsy!

Or, what Nokia have done is effectively make even the limited customisation you can do in WP7 impossible.

I dunno about Fisher Price. Lego, maybe! Or this, which is my daughter's toy phone:

Mobile Phone : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop

It's quite a disturbing resemblance!
    You are cracking me up this morning Pronk! :lol:
    10-26-2011 07:35 AM
201 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD