Open WiFi after Mango

aluznak

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
After my Mango update on my LG Quantum, I can only connect to certain open wifi. Starbucks is fine, but Safeway's (plus a few other ones that I used to connect to) I can no longer connect to. Basically, the attempted connection times out and a message stating that there was no answer from the netwok appears on the phone. Anyone else experience this?

aluznak

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Quote>>> WiFi has been working fine on my phone since mango. Maybe those WiFi networks you tried were down.
No the networks were not down as other users were connecting ok - it seems that maybe those open wifi networks are not recognizing some MAC addresses?

Last edited:

aluznak

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Quote>>>Since the v7.5 update, the WiFi seems to work even better on my Quantum.

Yes, mine seems to work better too - all execpt for the issue of some open networks that are not allowing my phone to connect - MAC address filtering???

Last edited:

aluznak

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Quote>>>I ran into the same thing @ Dunkin' Donuts. I'm almost possitive it's their networks.

Yes, it's only an issue with some open networks for sure - but what could it be???

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos