why some apps available on some region and not in another

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
im curious about this question
in marketplace some apps available to some country and not in another
why can't they make one unified marketplace with same unique experience for everyone :dry

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
It comes down to developers and where they want to release their applications. Most developers select the all regions box but some developers have their own reasons for wanting to only display their application in one country, usually down to the content their application offers. For instance, a restaurant finder app may only have restaurants in the US, so why would this application be available in the German marketplace?

However, if you know of an app (especially a game!) which you feel should be available in your region, contact the develop and ask if its possible for them to add support for your region!

Hope that helps

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
It comes down to developers and where they want to release their applications. Most developers select the all regions box but some developers have their own reasons for wanting to only display their application in one country, usually down to the content their application offers. For instance, a restaurant finder app may only have restaurants in the US, so why would this application be available in the German marketplace?

However, if you know of an app (especially a game!) which you feel should be available in your region, contact the develop and ask if its possible for them to add support for your region!

Hope that helps
thanks
but some apps doesn't follow your rule
for example
if you search for Cellular Data in US market you will find it but if try to do that in UK you won't get any result
or shazam won't be available in some countries
i guess its up to the developer

thanks again

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Some apps are restricted by the local governing authorities. I wish I could remember the example I heard of, but it was nothing malicious. I think it had to do with how they are purchased though.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
For paid applications, there might be issues with the payment itself.
- Different exchange rate could make it troublesome for developers to do accounting of their income.
- Tax rules about selling things abroad. Does selling software online got categorized as foreign export ?

But that doesn't explain the unavailability of free apps.
Maybe they think of providing support but don’t want to deal with the various languages of the world.
Most developers select the all regions box but some developers have their own reasons for wanting to only display their application in one country
And the applications won't automatically be made available to the new Mango marketplace. Developers who has abandoned their apps wouldn't bother setting the all region availability again.

At least in my experience, that's the case for some applications like Twitter, Flickr, Gowalla

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3