Back to the droid!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm switching back to my droid. I have such poor reception at home and work with my trophy I can barely use it. My trophy has always been weak in the reception department, but this morning it had zero service. I reactivated my droid and it has full bars. Very disappointed that I'm having to go back to android.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Strange that your Droid gets full bars. I wonder if the internal antenna in your Trophy is not connected or broke.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah its probly just the antenna in his phone that’s messed up.

the OS has nothing to do with reception. and HTC is normally good with that.

well im gona say it now.

WELCOME BACK!
for when u relies you miss your WP and you relies you just need to exchange/fix it. :)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah its probly just the antenna in his phone that?s messed up.

the OS has nothing to do with reception. and HTC is normally good with that.

well im gona say it now.

WELCOME BACK!
for when u relies you miss your WP and you relies you just need to exchange/fix it. :)

I really really really didn't want to go back to the droid, but I need a phone that works at my house. The antenna may be messed up, but it gets really good reception everywhere except at my house and at work. I called Verizon today and the lady I talked to said where my house is located is a poorer area for service. I might go into the store Friday. Between not being able to make a call and the battery lasting six hours I'm very frustrated with the phone.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have a bad unit. I don't get good reception at work, but my android-wielding coworkers on Verizon all tell me their signal is weak too. My reception is fine at home.

Between that and the battery issues it sounds like you have some real issues. I wonder if they're related. At any rate, I would try to exchange it if you can.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing with the antenna issue. I am in a bit of a fringe area where I live. And my Trophy always maintains a decent signal strength.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is Verizon's and HTC faults. The Trophy is really an underwhelming devices and I feel bad for the ones that are forced to use it =(

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Is Verizon's and HTC faults. The Trophy is really an underwhelming devices and I feel bad for the ones that are forced to use it =(

What is so underwhelming about the Trophy? Other than signal strength and battery I absolutely love mine.

Just got off the phone with Verizon and they are sending me another phone. I have always had very good luck with Verizon customer service and this time was good to.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Bite your tongue! :D

I like my Trophy!
641.gif

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
What is so underwhelming about the Trophy? Other than signal strength and battery I absolutely love mine.

Just got off the phone with Verizon and they are sending me another phone. I have always had very good luck with Verizon customer service and this time was good to.

well i said it!! welcome back!! lol ;) i hope the new one is better..

also i wanted to say regarding your battery, when you DONT have a signal it actually kills your battery faster cause your phone is constantly searching for a signal appose to being connected..... witch in return drains the battery a little more.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

welcome back to wp7

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

Welcome back. Glad to see things worked out for you. :)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I am so ready for the new phone to get here. All the reasons I hated my droid and went to another platform are still alive and well. Sure it gets great reception but all I can really do is make calls. It's pretty poor for everything else. I'm trying to figure out why I ever thought this phone was so good.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
...regarding your battery, when you DONT have a signal it actually kills your battery faster cause your phone is constantly searching for a signal appose to being connected..... witch in return drains the battery a little more.
That explains why my phone, which has NO signal inside my work building, has about half or less than half of the battery life after work, even though it's barely used. And this is with Battery Saver enabled!!

I'll probably forward my calls to my desk and shut off the phone during the workday.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
That explains why my phone, which has NO signal inside my work building, has about half or less than half of the battery life after work, even though it's barely used. And this is with Battery Saver enabled!!

I'll probably forward my calls to my desk and shut off the phone during the workday.
yeah that what i do , considering im nto allowed to use my cell at work ( security reasons )
i just forward all my calls to my desk.

dont get me wrong i still play games at work ;) lol , when i told my boss about the cross platform , and how i could play from work and my budy at home... he wasn?t happy. ( coming soon )

HAHAHAHA, i told him to get a WP and play with us :p

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
FYI you dont have to shut the phone off.. especially if like me you play music from it :) Just put it in airplane mode :) then switch it back when you leave .. :)

Also.. if you havent already you might switch the phone to CDMA only. When you lose signal it will try both GSM and CDMA .. even MORE battery drain ;)

The trophy is just blah IMO. I'm headed back to AT&T and a Sammy.. everytime I pick up my focus .. I have trouble going back to the trophy.. the screen is that much better...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss