What would your next upgrade be?

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Surround. I would upgrade to the Samsung Focus S 4G, I like the look, the screen is bigger, and it has an 8 MP camera. Although the front facing camera is only 1.3 MP, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing heh. But no 720p HD video recording? D: I guess it can't have everything...

If you have one of the original Windows Phone 7 phones, like Focus, Surround, Pro 7, HD 7, etc., which Windows Phone 7.5 phone would you upgrade to or are you waiting for the next generation? (WP8, possibly?)

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the HTC Titan. But Nokia has some cool stuff coming out and they always have great hardware. (And now cool software / WP7 FTW!)

But I might wait for 3rd gen. I really do want a front faceing camera right now though.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd be tempted to go with the Nokia 800 just for the camera if nothing else, but the hardware itself is dead sexy too.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It really depends on what T-MO brings on right now they have nothing to offer me in the 4.3 or higher range and from the looks of it nor does Nokia....

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Focus S no dout.... OR if i dont have enought cash(cause ill have to buy it ful price)
, ill wait for the next Generation FOCUS.

- HTC doesnt have a good enought screen for my preference.

- Nokia is Weak sauce, and wont be as good as second GEN WP7.5

- i dont like the LG`s, never really did.

- dell , meh

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
After looking at things a bit. I don't think I'm going to use my upgrade on a new WP7. I don't see myself gaining much, besides a FFC. I was looking at the Titan, for it's larger screen. I may just keep my Focus and wait to see if something better comes out.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Although the front facing camera is only 1.3 MP, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing heh.

That's actually pretty decent for a front facing camera. And as far as I can recall the Focus S does do 720p video.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Nokia is Weak sauce, and wont be as good as second GEN WP7.5

What exactly is so weak about it aside from the lack of a FFC? It has the same 1.4GHz processor, excellent ClearBlack AMOLED display and I almost guarantee the build quality and camera are far better than any of Samsungs WP phones.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's[Nokia 800] better than first Gen WP7 handsets. It has a nice camera, but other than that. There's nothing special about the Nokia phones.
Focus S no dout.... OR if i dont have enought cash(cause ill have to buy it ful price)
, ill wait for the next Generation FOCUS.

- HTC doesnt have a good enought screen for my preference.

- Nokia is Weak sauce, and wont be as good as second GEN WP7.5

- i dont like the LG`s, never really did.

- dell , meh
With the Nokia 800, you get a first Gen handset with a 1.4Ghz processor, on a platform that pushes the fact that you don't need high end processors. It is pretty though.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is so weak about it aside from the lack of a FFC? It has the same 1.4GHz processor, excellent ClearBlack AMOLED display and I almost guarantee the build quality and camera are far better than any of Samsungs WP phones.

I will go back and thank you later AND like. You've hit all the points. It ROASTS the Omnia W AND the Radar. The only thing those two have over it is the front facing camera. The display is on par (and in some opinions, better) with the Focus S and the Titan. It brings Omni maps to the platform which is TRUE turn by turn navigation, which I would appreciate a lot better than having to look down at my phone while I'm driving to slide up the next direction. I don't know if it's the early leaks or just the ultimate fact that it doesn't have an FFC, but you people knew it was going to be a rehashed N9. And I don't blame Nokia one bit. The N9 is BEAUTIFUL and to let it end with MeeGo is not right at all.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

1. Amoled VS Amoled Plus ( this is enought for me to NOT get a nokia )
2. no FCC ....
3. screen size to small for me
4: 1.5GHz MSM8255 CPU VS Nokia`s 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM 8255 processor

I don't think it's[Nokia 800] better than first Gen WP7 handsets. It has a nice camera, but other than that. There's nothing special about the Nokia phones.

With the Nokia 800, you get a first Gen handset with a 1.4Ghz processor, on a platform that pushes the fact that you don't need high end processors. It is pretty though.

Im saying the Second Genration Wp are better then the First Generation Nokia WP7.. witch they are.

but i think im with you , i might just wait for the 3rd Generation WP8...

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Even if Verizon actually gets something, I'm not sure I'll upgrade until 3rd gen. I would like something a bit bigger than the Trophy (ideally something around 4.3"), so if something like the Focus S comes to Verizon I might be tempted. But at this point I'm probably better off waiting, since by then there will be dual core and LTE support.

I had some hope for Nokia but I'm really disappointed by what they're showing. No way I would pay just for a small CPU bump and a smaller(!) screen.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

3.7' screen. Nuff said. If thats enough for you thats fine and dandy but dont expect everyone else to like and accept it. WAY too small for me, Focus S or Titan it is!

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I think when I'm going to upgrade, the next generation would be out already, so holding back vote until then.
The current specification seems to be alright and there's not much to gain from switching to another phone so soon. Maybe it would be more interesting for those looking to start using Windows Phone rather than those upgrading.

But physical keyboard sounds like a good reason.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
#
1. Amoled VS Amoled Plus - Its ClearBlack and has been proven to be as good if not better than AMOLED Plus.
2. no FCC - Only a downside for the few who actually use video calling
3. screen size to small for me - Personal preference. I can't disagree with you there
4: 1.5GHz MSM8255 CPU VS Nokia`s 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM 8255 processor - You will never notice 100Mhz difference, except for the Nokia having better battery life.

You can probably tell...but my next phone is going to be the Nokia Lumia 800 and I'll be very happy with it :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Probably one of the 2nd generation Nokia Windows phones, sometime in 2012, once I see what comes out.

I really like the Windows mobile OS.

joe-1981

Oct 25, 2011
www.xboxfriends.co.uk
I have played with the Titan and it has that wow factor, mainly due to the screen being immense. After seeing the Nokia 800 i've signed up for the Pre order scheme on Orange UK and fingers crossed i'll be getting one.

Such a nice piece of hardware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12