What would your next upgrade be?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
How about pixel density?

From what I've read so far (from Titan owners), the screen resolution doesn't suffer in the slightest.

I'd really like to do things with one hand sometimes. With Titan I don't think I am able to do that with my thumb. For example, when you have to call someone, you either have to break your thumb or lick the phone tile up in the top-left corner to complete that action.

I'd say I have an average hand size and I have zero problems with my HD7. Adding 10mm across the overall screen size won't cause any problems... for me, at least. :)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Nah... 4S and 4 do NOT have gorilla glass. Apple discontinued the deal after 3GS. All they got now is just scratch-resistant glass.

Anyway, even gorilla glass can get scratched by sand.

You are right its not gorilla glass but some corning proprietary for apple I think.

There must be a different coating they use on the iPhone. My wife and I both have Nokia N8's with gorilla glass for about a year and a half and neither phone has any type of scratch on the screen.

They use some olephobic coating to reduce fingerprints and smudges and make it easier to wipe clean. This is what gets scratched on iPhones.

How about pixel density?

I'd really like to do things with one hand sometimes. With Titan I don't think I am able to do that with my thumb. For example, when you have to call someone, you either have to break your thumb or lick the phone tile up in the top-left corner to complete that action.

If you need to access apps with one hand put those in reach of your thumb. I cut a mock up of one with the home screen glued to the front. I had a slight issue hitting the app arrow but by shifting my hold a bit I was able to hit it. Top right icon was the only hard icon to hit for me but I use my left hand most times. If I have the device in my hand for one hand operation I can reach just fine. If I have it in my hand in phone call position I can not very well.

Last edited:

FuriousGeorge984

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Honestly out of all the devices announced for the US so far, the Radar is my favorite except for two big issues I can't get passed: it is on T-Mobile (who I want to leave) and it only has 8 gigs of storage. I am currently using 10 of my 16 gigs on my HD7, and that is with deleting pictures after they upload to skydrive.

I also don't love that it is a slower processor than the rest of the phones coming out in this generation. This isn't as much of a problem now, but I'd assume that faster processors will stand up to the test of time and updates better than slower hardware.

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read so far (from Titan owners), the screen resolution doesn't suffer in the slightest.

Put it side by side with any 3.7 screen and you will clearly see what's going on, or side by side with iPhone 4(S) (even worse)...

If you need to access apps with one hand put those in reach of your thumb. I cut a mock up of one with the home screen glued to the front. I had a slight issue hitting the app arrow but by shifting my hold a bit I was able to hit it. Top right icon was the only hard icon to hit for me but I use my left hand most times. If I have the device in my hand for one hand operation I can reach just fine. If I have it in my hand in phone call position I can not very well.

Yea, have to shift the hold up to reach the top part, and shift the hold down to reach the capacitive buttons. =(

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Put it side by side with any 3.7 screen and you will clearly see what's going on, or side by side with iPhone 4(S) (even worse)...

I can't really argue with that, although I don't watch movies or use my phone to view pictures in high quality. Personally, I think I'd be satisfied with the Titan's PQ, although that could change if I opt to go Super AMOLED.

Incidentally, whilst browsing for PQ comparisons, I stumbled upon this review from Know Your Mobile: Apple iPhone 4S vs HTC Titan - iPhone 4S - Know Your Mobile

Notice the Titan wins on OS. A worthy win by the Windows Phone team. :)

Review: Operating System:
Apple's new iOS 5 debuts on the new iPhone and brings over 200 new features including a drop-down Android-style notification bar, a BlackBerry Messenger-style instant messaging service called iMessage and a Siri voice-powered virtual Assistant to help you stay organised just by speaking instructions to it.

The Titan runs the latest build of Microsoft's Windows Phone Mango. This is probably iOS 5's greatest challenger as it adds plenty of new features to offer a very rich and immersive platform.

You're never more than a couple of swipes away from where you want to be on Mango and it's continually feeding you information from your various apps thanks to some deep integration and the clever use of Live Tiles.

iOS 5 has plenty of new features to offer but we much prefer the intuitive and immersive features of Micrsosoft's Windows Phone platform.

Winner - HTC Titan

Yea, have to shift the hold up to reach the top part, and shift the hold down to reach the capacitive buttons. =(

After just testing on my HD7, I can (without moving the position of my hand) touch the top and bottom of the handset. Having compared my HD7 to a Titan in store, I know for a fact the screen size wouldn't be an issue (for myself) in this department. :)

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Probably some Android Phone with a qHD screen and 16g internal storage + SD Card slot that isn't a Samsung ( #NeverAgain ). I like the Moto Atrix 2. Used one for about 3 hours yesterday and I was impressed. It's also slightly smaller anduch light than my HD7 even with the same screen size.

I can't dig the new windows phones. Specs are. Not future proof. Just like the wave one phones without ffc or gyro, among other things. looks like Samsung is the only one releasing a rumored 32g phone as well, and they're off limits to me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

HchQue

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
iphone 4s or lumia 800. But their prices are ?500 and ?442 respectively, lumia should be cheaper tbh! Also, I ADORE the curved screen on the lumia, but that BLOODY PENTILE MATRIX!!!!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Probably some Android Phone with a qHD screen and 16g internal storage + SD Card slot that isn't a Samsung ( #NeverAgain ). I like the Moto Atrix 2. Used one for about 3 hours yesterday and I was impressed. It's also slightly smaller anduch light than my HD7 even with the same screen size.

I can't dig the new windows phones. Specs are. Not future proof. Just like the wave one phones without ffc or gyro, among other things. looks like Samsung is the only one releasing a rumored 32g phone as well, and they're off limits to me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If you're interested in specs, Android is your phone; it needs a high spec to run it's shoddy OS. :)

VelJharig

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I have an original Focus with 24 GB storage (found an SD card that works without issues).

I'd like to upgrade... if I could find a second generation phone that had a ~4.3" AMOLED screen (non-pentile, preferably) with FFC and 32 GB+ of storage. Unfortunately Nokia and Samsung have both skimped on the specs for their phones - Lumia 800 missing FFC, 16GB storage, and screen too small; Focus S only comes with 16 GB storage. So... I'm not upgrading to this generation of WP devices. Hoping the Lumia 900 will be better... otherwise I'm not upgrading for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs