Facebook / Windows Live Chat Issues?

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, so I'm wondering if this is an issue:

Using only Wi-Fi (data connection disabled), and having Facebook chat and Windows Live Messenger on, I only receive messages once I unlock the phone.

To make it perfectly clear: Someone talks to me over Facebook or WLM, and I only receive their message once the phone is unlocked.

It seems as if the Wi-Fi connection only turns on after unlocking the phone, and the it downloads the messages.

Is this normal? What could be the issue? Do I need to have my data connection enabled to get messages?

Thanks for any input!

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Wi-Fi drop connection 30 seconds after going to sleep, so unless you have it plugged in you won't have a constant Wi-Fi connection thus no messages as they come in.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Wi-Fi drop connection 30 seconds after going to sleep, so unless you have it plugged in you won't have a constant Wi-Fi connection thus no messages as they come in.

I figured as much. Messages work fine through mobile data right?

I still haven't signed up for a data plan, so I keep it off.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, no way to keep WiFi active while asleep without being plugged in to a power supply.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having any of those issues as I have data enabled but for some reason I don't get a push notification or tile notification for facebook private messages, not chat. I even turned on email notifications for messages and nothing. I think something is up on facebook/microsoft side cause my me tile has a 20-30 minute lag also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3