Here's the problem...

dragonfire6

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
My friend works for AT&T selling wireless and about 2 weeks before the iPhone came out he told me the exact days for the iPhone announcement and release. Today, the same friend mentioned getting a memo regarding the Focus S and 3 bullet points, one of which was the price of $199. Maybe employees haven't received the whole marketing "shebang" yet but this was disheartening to hear since I want WP to be uber successful. My friend was not enthused and made a remark about the phone not being dual core and I didn't even bother going into why WP's don't need to be with him bcuz I know he will push a i4, Infuse, i4s or S2 before ever mentioning any WP device, be it free (Focus) or $199.

So besides still having to battle uninformed employees who would rather sell any other device, WP has to overcome the single core stigma that other phones will be marketing as old, slow, out-dated tech. If the employees don't know that WP is smoother than just about any dual core out there, how can u expect the average, casual, non-forum member to see single core and want the new dual core hottness?? Ughhh

I love WP and I'm getting the Focus S launch day, I just really really wish/hope I have to wait in a line for it...

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I would never wait in a long line for a cell phone. I love my gadgets but I refuse to wait in long lines. I rather skip the black friday sales etc because waiting in line is boring and painful.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Dual core phones have better power management and produce less heat than single core devices. In the case is the new iPhone it has a dual core gpu as well, which is a big deal. Also, hspa/lte support is in the soc (where the cell radio is).

The old hardware in windows phones is a problem. Don't think I'll buy one after this hd7 until they catch up on the hardware and offer better storage options.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen