11-04-2011 12:08 AM
34 12
tools
    I would go back to Bold 9900 because of it's excellend hardware design (I had Bold 9000 and it's just so comfortable to hold/type/abuse).

Speaking of the really performance/OS of 9900, I heard it sucks big time - battery issue, bricking issue, browser issue.. etc.

=( It will take at least two more years for me to consider BB again.
    THe 9900 is very tempting, but I think I'm ready for something different. Three months ago, I would have bought it without a second thought.
    11-02-2011 07:08 PM
    THe 9900 is very tempting, but I think I'm ready for something different. Three months ago, I would have bought it without a second thought.
    Glad you didn't. too many issues with 9900 turn it into a total trash. If RIM reload 9900 with bigger battery and a more robust OS. nothing can beat it for efficiency
    11-02-2011 09:17 PM
    Glad you didn't. too many issues with 9900 turn it into a total trash. If RIM reload 9900 with bigger battery and a more robust OS. nothing can beat it for efficiency
    I've noticed that reading reviews of it. People either seem to have tons of issues, or think its the greatest thing since sliced bread. No one is in the middle.

I'm going to check it and the focus S out on Sunday, before making my final decision, but I'm pretty much sold on the Focus S. However, the possible lack of storage on the focus (some reports being 8 or 16 gb without SD slot) could turn me off. In which case, I'll either get the 9900 or wait.
    11-02-2011 09:32 PM
    I've noticed that reading reviews of it. People either seem to have tons of issues, or think its the greatest thing since sliced bread. No one is in the middle.

I'm going to check it and the focus S out on Sunday, before making my final decision, but I'm pretty much sold on the Focus S. However, the possible lack of storage on the focus (some reports being 8 or 16 gb without SD slot) could turn me off. In which case, I'll either get the 9900 or wait.
    iPhone 4s for me instead, if my L800 doesn't arrive in Nov...
    11-02-2011 10:01 PM
    iPhone 4s for me instead, if my L800 doesn't arrive in Nov...
    I'll most likely wait. My Torch works fine for now.
    11-03-2011 06:33 AM
    I'll most likely wait. My Torch works fine for now.

Good for you. I can't stand Torch any longer (more about its hardware, too easily unlocked in my pocket) and am selling it on ebay. Unfortunately I don't think it will sell well.

Win8 + Apollo is a big deal and I am really looking forward to that. Plus it would be a good time to buy a new laptop as well.
    11-03-2011 12:37 PM
    Win8 + Apollo is a big deal and I am really looking forward to that. Plus it would be a good time to buy a new laptop as well.
    I'm looking forward to the Win 8 tablets as a replacement for my laptop.
    11-03-2011 01:19 PM
    Storage is often cited as a problem which I think for some it might be. For me I think the combination of the Skydrive cloud storage and in my case Zune pass subscription pretty much makes the storage issue redundant even when I downloaded the 3gb of maps for the Navigon (Which I have since been refunded).
    11-03-2011 01:53 PM

I'm doing the same thing on Sunday as well. I spoke with an AT&T business care rep today inquiring about the 9900 and Focus S to try and get some off-contract pricing, which he didn't have. However, he did give me specs on the Focus S, said the had just received them today. Apparently a 16GB internal storage upgradable by another 16GB microSD card. Don't know why it'd be 16GB SD card rather than a 32GB one...maybe that's a MS thing?
    11-04-2011 12:08 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD