I only wanted two things from this Mango update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abledanger

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My two biggest pet peeves on this phone are lack of flash player, and the fact that the phone has no audio reminder of missed calls or messages. I really miss that on my old phone. If I missed a call or message it would be beep until I pressed something.

I don't always carry my phone everywhere. I'll leave it in the office or in the room or if I leave for just a few minutes. Now I am always checking my phone for missed calls because there is no audio cue. This is very annoying. Nearly all basic phones have had this feature for many years.

I am underwhelmed by the update and don't see really anything useful. Anyone else miss these options?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

While some type of indicator for alerts would be welcomed by plenty I agree, I doubt many would miss Flash.

I understand your annoyance about a feature you had, and now you don't, very annoying.

(I really miss my bluetooth file transfer but it's not the end of the world, i just have to get on without it) :(

Don't think Flash will be making an appearance anytime soon if at all.

Thought i would miss Flash support, but in reality it doesn't affect me at all.

I absolutely loved the Mango update with it's loads of additions and improvements.

Welcome along to WPC abledanger. :)

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I had an old Nokia phone that had a blinking light to alert me about missed calls. Loved that feature and wouldn't mind having it on a Windows Phone.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd find it annoying if the phone kept making noise. Can't please everyone. All your notifications show up on the lock screen--just take two seconds to look.

Sent using Windows Phone

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? You signed up for the forums just to post THAT? We've known Flash wasn't coming since day one. Get over it. And I'm glad there's no repeating audio alert. The last thing I want is to be next to some selfish a-hole who leaves his phone beeping for several minutes so it can annoy everyone around it.

*beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep*

"HEY BOB, GET YOUR DAMN PHONE!"

Yeah, I'd toss your phone in the garbage before I be your personal audio alert.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
To much coffee this morning dash? Welcome to the forums OP.

No to flash never will be the ringer thing will probably be worked out through a third party app at some point. One of the great thing about WP is we have lots to look forward to.

Sent from my T9295 using Board Express

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Of the many basic functions and settings this phone lacks, I can honestly say I forgot about that one. I always turned off that setting on any of my other phones because it would annoy the crap outta me. This phone does (at least on my Trophy) notify you of a missed call by a green light that keeps flashing. So when you come back from being away from your desk, you'd know you missed a call (without the whole office knowing). I'm with you on the mango update..as I understand, many of the 500+ features are for devs. If it was advertised differently, it wouldn't have been as disappointing. The only thing that annoys me about not having flash is I think it should be part of the smartphone experience... but I could care less if it was there or not.

Last edited:

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with Verkunder and dash. I don't want a beeping or flashing annoyance reminding me I missed a call. Especially becuz i usually miss it on purpose. And I know dash kinda snapped, but he's right. A-holes, for a lack of a better word, will let it just beep and flash and beep and flash. EVEN IF THEIR ROOMMATE HAS A MORNING CLASS. Not that ur a an a-hole abledanger.

From my Focus via Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
to me its not a big deal to check and see what has happened since I last checked The focus is with me when I am awake unless I am swimming or up on a ladder and I get the msg email call vm alert I can check who it is if its something I need to take cae of right away I can do it or get back to it later. I wouldnt mind a flashing light was used to that on the treos but its just not a biggie for me - but that's my humble opinion and 2 cents. If it bugs you you enough post on MS's things to add in the next update site.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with Verkunder and dash. I don't want a beeping or flashing annoyance reminding me I missed a call. Especially becuz i usually miss it on purpose. And I know dash kinda snapped, but he's right. A-holes, for a lack of a better word, will let it just beep and flash and beep and flash. EVEN IF THEIR ROOMMATE HAS A MORNING CLASS. Not that ur a an a-hole abledanger.

From my Focus via Board Express

I think he has a specific A-Hole in mind don't you...A-Hole if you read this turn off your damn ringer the guy is trying to sleep...lol

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My two biggest pet peeves on this phone are lack of flash player, and the fact that the phone has no audio reminder of missed calls or messages. I really miss that on my old phone. If I missed a call or message it would be beep until I pressed something.

I don't always carry my phone everywhere. I'll leave it in the office or in the room or if I leave for just a few minutes. Now I am always checking my phone for missed calls because there is no audio cue. This is very annoying. Nearly all basic phones have had this feature for many years.

I am underwhelmed by the update and don't see really anything useful. Anyone else miss these options?

You're underwhelemd with the Facebook/Twitter integration, the text-to-speech and speech-to-text features, the Bing Local Scout/Music/Vision, the new Zune features, the Now Playing artist on your lock screen, the deep linking with Live Tiles, the double sided Live Tiles, the camera improvements, the multitasking, the threads, the HTML5/hardware accelerated MOBILE broswer, and the allowance of 30 Live Tiles instead of 15?

Dang, I guess man.

abledanger

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Facebook,twitter, etc.. I'm not 16 and don't have to keep up with what other adults are doing every second of their lives. That other stuff is simply superfluous aesthetics. I want function. Not more tiles that I don't use. I have an ipod and a camera, I bought a phone, not a music placer or camera. The phone part is like 3rd on the list of priorities for the developers.

Flash player is vital. It is required for so many things. Try a speed test on your phone, nearly all of the websites need flash. Try to stream a video. Flash again. Why am I paying for a data plan if I can't watch most videos? Nearly every site I visit is incomplete because there is always some flash that is needed. It is incorporated into so many various sites.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? You signed up for the forums just to post THAT? We've known Flash wasn't coming since day one. Get over it. And I'm glad there's no repeating audio alert. The last thing I want is to be next to some selfish a-hole who leaves his phone beeping for several minutes so it can annoy everyone around it.

*beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep*

"HEY BOB, GET YOUR DAMN PHONE!"

Yeah, I'd toss your phone in the garbage before I be your personal audio alert.

Except for the part where flash 10.1 is coming to Windows Phone and we have known this since February

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Facebook,twitter, etc.. I'm not 16 and don't have to keep up with what other adults are doing every second of their lives. That other stuff is simply superfluous aesthetics. I want function. Not more tiles that I don't use. I have an ipod and a camera, I bought a phone, not a music placer or camera. The phone part is like 3rd on the list of priorities for the developers.

Flash player is vital. It is required for so many things. Try a speed test on your phone, nearly all of the websites need flash. Try to stream a video. Flash again. Why am I paying for a data plan if I can't watch most videos? Nearly every site I visit is incomplete because there is always some flash that is needed. It is incorporated into so many various sites.

Dude, the YouTube "app" (more of a plugin really) that you download from the Marketplace let's you play videos from, first and foremost, the largest video hosting site on earth. Second of all, I have used that "app" to play numerous videos from sites other than YouTube. I'm sorry but by your reply I sincerely doubt you've A) downloaded the YouTube "app" or B) even attempted to play hardly any videos from any website (including YouTube).

And multitasking, double-sided Live Tiles, SkyDrive integration with Office, and having all things you miss shown to you right there on the lock screen - these things aren't functional?

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Cute trick kind of rude though. FYI all old posts still not happening. I fear the reason you didn't just post a link is because you couldn't find one. If that changes or if someone develops an app for "it" that would be great but at this time I haven't read anything that make me thing its even being worked on.

Edit: By "it" I mean seamless Browser integration of flash if you just want to see videos see the post above mine

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Cute trick kind of rude though. FYI all old posts still not happening. I fear the reason you didn't just post a link is because you couldn't find one. If that changes or if someone develops an app for "it" that would be great but at this time I haven't read anything that make me thing its even being worked on.

Edit: By "it" I mean seamless Browser integration of flash if you just want to see videos see the post above mine

windows phone (Adobe Flash Platform Blog)
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/25/adobe-taking-a-pass-on-flash-10-1-for-winmo-6-5-will-go-straigh/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo