Is there a contact tile in Mango or just the people tile?

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
How do you view your contacts to call someone? Is it all located in the people tile? Also if you choose not to have your facebook friends sync to your contacts, will the people you have in your contacts on your phone still show facebook, twitter, etc updates in the people hub or no?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You can just pin individual contacts to the home screen if you prefer that way of access.

Just a quick pan to the right shows whats new and history for that person.

Nothing is shown on their tile though apart from their name and photo on the home screen. (Animated)

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No I would have too many people i need to contact to pin each individually. Can you answer my question about " if you choose not to have your facebook friends sync to your people hub, will the people you have in your contacts on your phone still show facebook, twitter, etc updates in the people hub or no? "

Thanks!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have my facebook friends (non contacts) show in my contacts they are filtered out and my existing phone contacts do still show their facebook updates.

Is that what you meant ?

Sorry i'm easily confused LOL :)

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't have my facebook friends (non contacts) show in my contacts they are filtered out and my existing phone contacts do still show their facebook updates.

Is that what you meant ?

Sorry i'm easily confused LOL :)

I think his question is:

Can we only pick a certain subset of contacts to link to their facebook accounts, instead of getting all facebook friends downloaded as contacts on the phone?

I have the same trouble. I got a bunch of friends on facebook but I don't wanna spoil my contacts and get all of them on my phone, but I still wanna see certain contacts in my phone book linked to their facebook accounts.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
As long as you have a Facebook account synced, the phone will link your manually programmed contacts even if you choose not to sync facebook contacts.

Sent from something somewhere.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
No, it will make the association between your contact John smith and your Facebook contact John smith if you desire. This will allow you to see updates for John smith without syncing all your Facebook contacts.

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
No, it will make the association between your contact John smith and your Facebook contact John smith if you desire. This will allow you to see updates for John smith without syncing all your Facebook contacts.

That's good. I like this manual method better, than syncing everythings. BTW I got several friends who have the same names. I hope that's not a problem. XD

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
All you need to do is go to "People -> Settings -> Filter My Contacts" and only check the services that you want to show in your contact list. For me, I uncheck Facebook and Twitter, so people on Facebook or Twitter only don't show up in my contacts and people that have Windows Live or Google contacts do show.

Their updates still show in the people hub and if you do a search they will still show up.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So the only updates that will show in your people hub are the ones listed in your contact in your phone list that have a facebook or twitter. And this is with checking to un-sync facebook and twitter to contacts.

Correct?

If so this will be a lot better, because the main people in my contacts are the only people i really care about seeing updates for!

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Nah, it will show all Facebook or Twitter updates.

As soon as you link Facebook or Twitter all of the contacts will come over. You can just hide them from the contact list (but not from the "What's New" page).

You might want to consider creating a group if you only want status updates for a limited number of people.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
All you need to do is go to "People -> Settings -> Filter My Contacts" and only check the services that you want to show in your contact list. For me, I uncheck Facebook and Twitter, so people on Facebook or Twitter only don't show up in my contacts and people that have Windows Live or Google contacts do show.

Their updates still show in the people hub and if you do a search they will still show up.

Question - what's the behavior on that contacts filter? Are Facebook & Twitter contacts automatically added as you link in those profiles and then you have uncheck them? That's a bad user experience IMHO.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of any downloadable app or setting that can replace the people tile with a solid contact tile? I find the people tile extremely annoying and distracting.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You can just pin individual contacts to the home screen if you prefer that way of access.

Just a quick pan to the right shows whats new and history for that person.

Nothing is shown on their tile though apart from their name and photo on the home screen. (Animated)

Happy Halloween WeeBear =D

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of any downloadable app or setting that can replace the people tile with a solid contact tile? I find the people tile extremely annoying and distracting.
I can completely relate to your situation. WP7 is quite different as to how contacts are managed and approached. Can take some getting used to.

I can't remember the exact name, but search in the Marketplace SpeedDial apps. I know some of them allow pin to Start. I've used one or two of those apps before but then got used to the WP7 way of things and ended up uninstalling them.

Finally, like someone else suggested, you can try creating a group and then pin the group to Start.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Nah, it will show all Facebook or Twitter updates.

As soon as you link Facebook or Twitter all of the contacts will come over. You can just hide them from the contact list (but not from the "What's New" page).

Actually, there's a box for "Only show posts from people visible in my contact list," so I think that depends on whether you have that box checked.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to add that it [people tile] probably uses up more battery life than it needs to, with all those little squares constantly cycling pictures and flipping around. I'll look for the speed dial apps Aubreyq mentioned, but don't really wanna have a tile for each of my 150 contacts!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb