The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-05-2011 04:52 AM
100 1234
tools
    Microsoft hasn't allowed the ability to:
    1. Customize tiles
    2. Change keyboards
    3. Alter theme colors beyond presets
    4. Have toggle switches

Don't blame the marketplace
    This. Hopefully these things will come in Apollo.

What I would like to see:
    1. "Zune-style" background capabilities (Add an image behind the tiles)
    2. The ability to change the size of tiles, and add add more tile sizes
    3. FOLDERS
    4. Be able to create your own tile color or tile design (how awesome would it be to have tie dye tiles?)
    5. And add a live tile with a quick access bar to quickly turn on/off bluetooth, wifi, airplane mode, etc.
    11-01-2011 06:22 PM
    Simple. Apps aren't available since devs do not think they are valuable enough. They know they can sell a fart app or fatbooth for $.99 but not sure they can sell a calendar that does what you want. Who knows if the majority of the users will need what you want. Have you tried asking a dev?
    Well I would think a work schedule would be very convenient for alot of people..especially compared to some of the stuff out there.
    11-01-2011 06:29 PM
    M$ should put more money here.
    11-01-2011 07:06 PM
    Some people shouldn't reply

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    11-01-2011 07:38 PM
    I guess no one thinks a good old fashioned calendar, where you can easily view the days of the month, would be an app worth having..I just don't get it. Well at least there's a bunch of apps for fart sounds and alarm clocks..so it's all good.
    11-01-2011 10:57 PM
    Just because the calendar doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for everyone. For me, it's a good old fashion calendar and I have no qualms with having to look at my agenda list versus being able to see my events in monthly view. Again, you have a right to be displeased with something and suggest it to the development community, but all that sarcasm is uncalled for
    11-01-2011 11:43 PM
    Looks like WP7 not ready for primetime yet.
    11-02-2011 12:04 AM
    I'll admit...when I switched from the iPhone, I missed being able to tap a date in calendar view and see that date's items at the bottom on the same screen.

I think pinch-to-zoom on the monthly calendar would be cool, making the dates' (in view) items legible.

And OP, why are you trying to enter your work schedule on your phone? Enter it in google or WL and sync it.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    cckgz4 likes this.
    11-02-2011 12:13 AM
    Looks like WP7 not ready for primetime yet.
    Because the calendar doesn't work for some users? I disagree
    11-02-2011 01:10 AM
    Calender works just great for me. :)
    11-02-2011 07:09 AM
    I'll admit...when I switched from the iPhone, I missed being able to tap a date in calendar view and see that date's items at the bottom on the same screen.

I think pinch-to-zoom on the monthly calendar would be cool, making the dates' (in view) items legible.

And OP, why are you trying to enter your work schedule on your phone? Enter it in google or WL and sync it.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    pinch to zoom would be excellent with this calendar. MS should send out an update.
    11-02-2011 07:27 AM
    Just because the calendar doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for everyone. For me, it's a good old fashion calendar and I have no qualms with having to look at my agenda list versus being able to see my events in monthly view. Again, you have a right to be displeased with something and suggest it to the development community, but all that sarcasm is uncalled for
    Your misunderstanding. I like the calendar, and yes, the agenda list works good for a work schedule except for the fact it'll display whether I'm on or off on my lock screen, which I don't really need it to do. So.. what I mean is, in marketplace..theres birthday calendars, menstrual calendars, how many days till the end of the week calendars, Chinese new year calendars, and countless task schedules and half made or broken calendars ,but no simple month view calander I could view my work schedule on. I started this thread to ask to why you can't find simple things in marketplace...not because of the calendar.
    Last edited by jdd77; 11-02-2011 at 08:14 AM.
    11-02-2011 07:47 AM
    Your misunderstanding. I like the calendar, and yes, the agenda list works good for a work schedule except for the fact it'll display whether I'm on or off on my lock screen, which I don't really need it to do. So.. what I mean is, in marketplace..theres birthday calendars, menstrual calendars, how many days till the end of the week calendars, Chinese new year calendars, and countless task schedules and half made or broken calendars ,but no simple month view calander I could view my work schedule on. I started this thread to ask to why you can't find simple things in marketplace...not because of the calendar.
    I find Plancentic Timesheet V4 useful for work schedules (and it's free). Also Week Calender breaks down your schedule into a simple format.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    11-02-2011 08:46 AM
    I find Plancentic Timesheet V4 useful for work schedules (and it's free). Also Week Calender breaks down your schedule into a simple format.
    I wanna try that plancentic timesheet, but I can't find it in marketplace..
    11-02-2011 09:05 AM
    Simple. Apps aren't available since devs do not think they are valuable enough. They know they can sell a fart app or fatbooth for $.99 but not sure they can sell a calendar that does what you want. Who knows if the majority of the users will need what you want. Have you tried asking a dev?
    how do you ask a dev?
    11-02-2011 09:07 AM
    ^ That's peculiar. :( It comes up when you search "time sheet". Maybe it's a region thing...

:(
    11-02-2011 09:07 AM
    Probably is a regional thing.. When I type in "time sheet" I get "salary calculator"
    11-02-2011 09:25 AM
    Doh!
    11-02-2011 09:43 AM
    Ha ha...exactly!!
    11-02-2011 10:33 AM
    how do you ask a dev?
    You're welcome to ask me, what kind of Calendar functionality are you looking for from an app?
    11-02-2011 10:39 AM
    First off, I'm not the kinda person who likes to have their phone filled up with tons of apps so this isn't about which OS has more or who's better.. BUT there is very little quality over quantity in Marketplace. 90% of what I look for (and its practical things like tools or customization) is either broken, poorly rated, or simply not there. Calendar results are atrocious..why would that be? I type in "work schedule" and nothing shows up. I look for a different keyboard- maybe one with haptic feedback or larger keys..nothing. I want a location or WiFi toggle switch (that's not asking much, right?) all you get are links to settings. Type in "clocks"..all you get are alarm clocks. And there's very little to truly customize tiles or theme colors. Are you serious? The Metro UI is the BIGGEST selling point of wp7, the only thing you look at when you unlock your phone, and you can't customize it to your liking? The possibilities could be endless and amazing if you could. Can someone tell me why this is???
    Work schedule = built in calendar? Different keyboards are not possible, but WP7 undoubtedly has the best soft keyboard, so who cares? ConnectivityShortucts. Clocks? WTF?
    11-02-2011 10:50 AM
    Not sure if this will work but try clicking on this link from your phone.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/se...Timesheet%20v4
    jdd77 likes this.
    11-02-2011 02:30 PM
    The problem with wp7 is that no developer has access to the APIs required to make apps that are useful, so you end up with 30,000 apps you don't care about.
    11-02-2011 04:03 PM
    The problem with wp7 is that no developer has access to the APIs required to make apps that are useful, so you end up with 30,000 apps you don't care about.
    I wonder why they can't have access to them.. Microsoft wants their OS to succeeded right?
    11-02-2011 04:34 PM
    I wonder why they can't have access to them.. Microsoft wants their OS to succeeded right?
    Control freak? =D
    11-02-2011 04:37 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD