This is Marketplace??

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I started this thread because I had questions about the marketplace and why certain things are unavailable and for what reasons. I don't care what android has or what the iPhone can do or when wp7 started or where they are in the race. I don't care about loading my phone up with games and pointless apps. I understand what your saying but why cant you find a calendar?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I started this thread because I had questions about the marketplace and why certain things are unavailable and for what reasons. I don't care what android has or what the iPhone can do or when wp7 started or where they are in the race. I don't care about loading my phone up with games and pointless apps. I understand what your saying but why cant you find a calendar?

because DEVELOPERS seam to think that we rather have a calendar to track if your pregnant, how many more days to X-mass or if your PMSing ...ect.... rather then having an ACTUAL calender with ALL the features...

Women Calendar: like WTF is that . lol .

there are some VERY basic calendars you can get , but you’re better off using the one build into the phone.

unless you want a GOAL tracker ( to-do-list /calendar ) **** loads of does in the MP as well.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Well, since we are stuck on calendars what do you need that the stock one cant do?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to look at it in month view to conveniently see my work schedule for the month. But it's too tiny to read. I found various task lists that I've been using but they're not designed in a way to put a schedule in. I gotta meticulously type in the day, month, and year with each entry of when I'm on or off from work. I looked up "work schedule" but got things like "class schedule" or daily tasks.

Last edited:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Simple. Apps aren't available since devs do not think they are valuable enough. They know they can sell a fart app or fatbooth for $.99 but not sure they can sell a calendar that does what you want. Who knows if the majority of the users will need what you want. Have you tried asking a dev?

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft hasn't allowed the ability to:
1. Customize tiles
2. Change keyboards
3. Alter theme colors beyond presets
4. Have toggle switches

Don't blame the marketplace

This. Hopefully these things will come in Apollo.

What I would like to see:
1. "Zune-style" background capabilities (Add an image behind the tiles)
2. The ability to change the size of tiles, and add add more tile sizes
3. FOLDERS
4. Be able to create your own tile color or tile design (how awesome would it be to have tie dye tiles?)
5. And add a live tile with a quick access bar to quickly turn on/off bluetooth, wifi, airplane mode, etc.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Simple. Apps aren't available since devs do not think they are valuable enough. They know they can sell a fart app or fatbooth for $.99 but not sure they can sell a calendar that does what you want. Who knows if the majority of the users will need what you want. Have you tried asking a dev?

Well I would think a work schedule would be very convenient for alot of people..especially compared to some of the stuff out there.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess no one thinks a good old fashioned calendar, where you can easily view the days of the month, would be an app worth having..I just don't get it. Well at least there's a bunch of apps for fart sounds and alarm clocks..so it's all good.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just because the calendar doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for everyone. For me, it's a good old fashion calendar and I have no qualms with having to look at my agenda list versus being able to see my events in monthly view. Again, you have a right to be displeased with something and suggest it to the development community, but all that sarcasm is uncalled for

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit...when I switched from the iPhone, I missed being able to tap a date in calendar view and see that date's items at the bottom on the same screen.

I think pinch-to-zoom on the monthly calendar would be cool, making the dates' (in view) items legible.

And OP, why are you trying to enter your work schedule on your phone? Enter it in google or WL and sync it.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit...when I switched from the iPhone, I missed being able to tap a date in calendar view and see that date's items at the bottom on the same screen.

I think pinch-to-zoom on the monthly calendar would be cool, making the dates' (in view) items legible.

And OP, why are you trying to enter your work schedule on your phone? Enter it in google or WL and sync it.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

pinch to zoom would be excellent with this calendar. MS should send out an update.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Just because the calendar doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for everyone. For me, it's a good old fashion calendar and I have no qualms with having to look at my agenda list versus being able to see my events in monthly view. Again, you have a right to be displeased with something and suggest it to the development community, but all that sarcasm is uncalled for

Your misunderstanding. I like the calendar, and yes, the agenda list works good for a work schedule except for the fact it'll display whether I'm on or off on my lock screen, which I don't really need it to do. So.. what I mean is, in marketplace..theres birthday calendars, menstrual calendars, how many days till the end of the week calendars, Chinese new year calendars, and countless task schedules and half made or broken calendars ,but no simple month view calander I could view my work schedule on. I started this thread to ask to why you can't find simple things in marketplace...not because of the calendar.

Last edited:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Your misunderstanding. I like the calendar, and yes, the agenda list works good for a work schedule except for the fact it'll display whether I'm on or off on my lock screen, which I don't really need it to do. So.. what I mean is, in marketplace..theres birthday calendars, menstrual calendars, how many days till the end of the week calendars, Chinese new year calendars, and countless task schedules and half made or broken calendars ,but no simple month view calander I could view my work schedule on. I started this thread to ask to why you can't find simple things in marketplace...not because of the calendar.

I find Plancentic Timesheet V4 useful for work schedules (and it's free). Also Week Calender breaks down your schedule into a simple format.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

how do you ask a dev?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs