Update Problem

thexingster

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had a consistent problem updating my HTC Surround to Mango. I've had the update notification for two weeks now, but it fails to work. I'll plug in the phone, zune detects the update, and I'm ready to update, and it successfully goes through the first six steps, but freezes on step 7, creating the backup. I've done almost all I can think of for fixes, pulling the battery, restoring the phone, trying a different usb port, letting it sit for hours, reinstalled zune, etc. It just sits at 0% on the backup step. I've looked around for answers but it seems not many people have frozen at this step, and I've performed past updates on this phone with no problems. Help is definitely appreciated.

Carrier: at&t
OS version: 7.0.7392.0
Firmware version number: 2250.21.15204.502
Hardware revision number: 0003
Radio software version: 5.66.09.09_22.46.50.21H
Radio hardware version: A.26.0.D4
Bootloader version: 1.52.2250.4
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
are you using a Win7 computer for the update or an older WinXP machine? In my case a similar problem appears to have been due to the fact that I was on a Windows XP machine and so Zune was getting confused partway thru the update process. Borrowed a friend's Win7 laptop and used that machine and the update process was smooth as silk. So, perhaps trying a different pc/laptop for the update is worth looking into.

thexingster

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Yeah, I am running XP, but what bugs me is that I ran the nodo update in the past with no problems, yet it seems to hate this mango update. I remember someone on here saying that during their XP install of zune, that some components may not have been installed, etc, but I never had any sort of prompt. I would think that if XP definitely is the problem, considering support is still active for it for the time being, Microsoft would have made note that this update is not compatible with XP, but who knows. I may have to look into trying it on Win7. Thanks for the reply!

Anyone else have XP that have had this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos