What headphones are ya using?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
^ I can believe that, I just don't like sticking anything in my ear, and it'll never compete against a decent set of headphones. I use Bose Quiet Comfort 3 and I haven't looked back since.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
A pair of Sony MDRXB40EX's. They took about a week to bed in though, when you get them the Bass is far too amplified and the high-range sounds awful. Luckily stuck with them and they're sounding much clearer than my old Sennheiser CX550's.

Regardless, I wouldn't recommend them unless all your MP3's are at least 256kbps, as I can hear the compression down to 192kbps with these headphones whereas I couldn't notice with the CX550's.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have first-hand recommendations on third-party headphones with in-line controls that are compatible with WP7? (E.g. Pause/Next/Previous)

I know some iPhone compatible ones aren't compatible with other phones so would be nice to have confirmations on some

Thanks

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
^ I can believe that, I just don't like sticking anything in my ear, and it'll never compete against a decent set of headphones. I use Bose Quiet Comfort 3 and I haven't looked back since.

mine were a present, and quite frankly, had they not been, I never would have tried them...

I do want the over the ear ones now, you would recommend the Bose ey? that's what I have my eye on based on my current quality.

paul-c

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I still use my old Sony earbuds from my retired Discman. No matter what I try out I always fall back to those even though there is no in-line mic or controls. The sound is great, and they are comfortable because they wrap around your ears. This makes the in-ear experience much more pleasant.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
mine were a present, and quite frankly, had they not been, I never would have tried them...

I do want the over the ear ones now, you would recommend the Bose ey? that's what I have my eye on based on my current quality.

In a heartbeat; they're awesome. :)

L

lumic

Cheap Ultimate Ears 100s until my Brainwavz M2s arrive. Samsung headset predictably broke. Not much experience with proper over-the-ear headphones because I don't like getting headphone hair.

If you trust in reviews and anecdotes, perhaps you should check this thread out:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mul...o-consonance-ultimate-ears-350-added-10-25-11

Does anyone have first-hand recommendations on third-party headphones with in-line controls that are compatible with WP7? (E.g. Pause/Next/Previous)

I know some iPhone compatible ones aren't compatible with other phones so would be nice to have confirmations on some

Thanks
I searched around and this was the conclusion I reached - you need an adapter. Samsung in particular screws around with its 3.5mm plug, so you need to invert or reverse some stuff with an adapter.

Not sure if everything will magically work as a result of that, but anything that was made for generic HTC and such should work. I guess you can ask around, but I think it would be a wise choice to contact the company and enquire.

I asked Meelec and they told me that they stock an adapter that will allow the O7 to interface with their headsets:
http://www.meelec.com/MEE_TRRS_Adapter_for_P_Version_Headphones_p/adptr-trrs-35.htm

Sorry, in a rush. But you can look around for such things, I do think that keeping away from "Built for iPhone" products is advisable (though will greatly limit the mainstream range).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro