What the heck is going on?

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Samsung focus a few months ago and it happened to be a stinking rev 1.4. It has been way more than a month since rev 1.3 got mango. And all of us 1.4 owners have been left behind without all the much needed mango features(like multitasking). It simply does not make sense how Microsoft can simply ignore this situation. There has been no communication about this except that it says 'samsung focus 1.4 is in testing' in the 'wheres my update' page.

So will rev 1.4 always get updates this late? The new Samsung focus S and focus flash have already been launched and still no mango for the older model. Seriously I'm thinking about getting a new WP phone since they are struggling with the focus 1.4.

Either they are not trying hard enough to push this update out to us OR there is a serious flaw in rev 1.4. Now which is it?

Either way, I'm disappointed in how Microsoft is handling this. We all gave WP a chance didn't we? When there are other platforms with better hardware and vast number of apps we all had faith in WP and went for it. And now we are being screwed over by them. Great job Microsoft!

EVERYBODY GO HERE AND VOTE: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...here-is-mango-samsung-for-focus-1-4?ref=title

Last edited:

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I think it was actually Samsung's fault for changing some hardware components. Not actually Microsoft's fault this time.

Can't be too far away now propeller10. :)

Hopefully it'll be released soon. But rev 1.4 has been out for awhile. It def shouldn't take this long for them to update unless only one developer is working on it part-time xD. I heard rev 1.4 only has a different memory module. Anyways they aren't working hard enough to push this update to us.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried that forced update trick on my v1.4 Focus at least 30 times over the last week and I've had NO success. It's just not out there, unless another 1.4 user can prove me wrong. After reading about all of the apps that have broken from the Mango update, I'm not in a really big hurry to get it. That being said, I need to have my Mango update by mid month, before the Navigon deal expires! Apparently, the Navigon software is only Mango compatible because it does not show up in the catalog for me, along with Facebook. (I'm on build 7392). My transition from webOS has been less than stellar thus far.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried that forced update trick on my v1.4 Focus at least 30 times over the last week and I've had NO success. It's just not out there, unless another 1.4 user can prove me wrong. After reading about all of the apps that have broken from the Mango update, I'm not in a really big hurry to get it. That being said, I need to have my Mango update by mid month, before the Navigon deal expires! Apparently, the Navigon software is only Mango compatible because it does not show up in the catalog for me, along with Facebook. (I'm on build 7392). My transition from webOS has been less than stellar thus far.
Are you not able to download through Zune desktop?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It's just not out there, unless another 1.4 user can prove me wrong.
Its definitely not just you. I'm convinced that the update is simply not available to US 1.4 owners in any shape or form. Been trying to force update my wife's for the last week week or so and no joy. To make matters worse, I posted a question about it on ATTs Facebook page and they apparently deleted it without even answering. Not feeling real good about them at the moment.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I'm not surprised, though. I left Verizon for this very reason. It's a crying shame that US carriers have us all by the gonads. I was hoping that an unlocked phone on WP7 meant that the OS updates would come directly from Microsoft, but alas, I was mistaken. IT doesn't matter - I was changing platforms anyway and WP7 was the clear and easy choice, hands down.

I wish MS would just release carrier-independent ROMs like Palm and HP did for their unlocked, unsubsidized phones. Oh well...I'm getting back in line now.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Wow. I'm not surprised, though. I left Verizon for this very reason. It's a crying shame that US carriers have us all by the gonads. I was hoping that an unlocked phone on WP7 meant that the OS updates would come directly from Microsoft, but alas, I was mistaken. I didn't matter - I was changing platforms anyway and WP7 was the clear and easy choice, hands down.

I wish MS would just release carrier-independent ROMs like Palm and HP did for their unlocked, unsubsidized phones. Oh well...I'm getting back in line now.

This really is a Samsung thing. My unlocked DVP got the Mango update prompt the day it was released, but my T-Mo locked one had to be forced. Not sure why the att DVP is so delayed but generally if you have an unlocked, unbranded phone thats not a Samsung Mango is at best a disconnect trick away.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
That is good to know. My next phone will definitely not be a Samsung. I will probably try my luck with HTC next time around. Especially since their phones will support tethering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos