why regular americans don't know anything about windows phone

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
MS did the "i'm a PC, and I've been stereotyped ad" where were very popular and very successful.
No pun intended but, really? I don't recall a single airing of such "stereotyped" ad. Not sure how it even goes! I tell you what, I can easily recall more than 2 of the "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" ads. I suppose I have a different opinion of what "very successful" means.

Or it could be another thing, most people in the US don't want WP7. **shrugs**
Nobody wanted/needed an iPhone until Apple's marketing convinced people otherwise. Smarphones were a business/geek toy until the iPhone changed the industry. This all comes down to marketing, and Windows Phone hasn't got the marketing push that it deserves.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
People just do what their friends and sales people tell them to do. I've nearly sold WP to some people but they just won't budge from buying an iPhone "because all my friends have one." Nobody cares about being their own individual.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Windows phones also look like their Android counterparts. Once people see the Lumina design they will fall in love with that phone. When Lumina comes out in the US I hope AT&T displays two stands with the full feature set. One pink stand and One cyan stand to really attract peoples attentions.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Windows phones also look like their Android counterparts. Once people see the Lumina design they will fall in love with that phone. When Lumina comes out in the US I hope AT&T displays two stands with the full feature set. One pink stand and One cyan stand to really attract peoples attentions.

Put them next to each other, and couples will be empowered to buy two :D

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Agreed! no one can tell whether or not you have a windows phone without seeing the screen. once the nokia phones come out and display their uniqueness tied exclusively to wp everyone will know you have the one and only WP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb