Contacts/Calendar/XBox Accounts

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Howdy folks...

I am making the jump to WP7 at the end of this months (after years of being in Apple's camp) and would like some experts to tell me how the contacts, calendars, xbox and marketplace accounts work...

I will be using GMail for my mail and calendar, but want to use my hotmail account for my marketplace and xbox. I signed into hotmail.com today and found that my contacts included all my linked Facebook and Linked in contacts and worry that my contacts on my phone will appear twice.

So how does this work exactly? Can I use my hotmail account for xbox and marketplace, but only have my Gmail account for my contacts and calendar or will i have to register my gmail address as a live ID and use that?

I can usually understand how all these syncing accounts work...but this has me a bit confused (as I have never used a WP before).

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning SJamG,

I think you will find that WP7 will allow you to accomplish what you want. Settuping up your phone, it will ask for your Live account. This will need to be the account you use for your Xbox Live Profile. After you have that setup add you gmail, facebook, twitter, and whatever other accounts you want. Now, you said that you don't want to sync you Hotmail/live account? Easy enough, within the settings for people hub you will find that you can filter contacts by account. This will allow you to hide all the hotmail contacts.

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Good Morning SJamG,

I think you will find that WP7 will allow you to accomplish what you want. Settuping up your phone, it will ask for your Live account. This will need to be the account you use for your Xbox Live Profile. After you have that setup add you gmail, facebook, twitter, and whatever other accounts you want. Now, you said that you don't want to sync you Hotmail/live account? Easy enough, within the settings for people hub you will find that you can filter contacts by account. This will allow you to hide all the hotmail contacts.

Good Afternoon/Morning Vector555,

Thank you very much for that...sounds straight forward enough for me to work it out ;) I will try to set it up that way when I get my new phone. I should've maybe waiting till I got the phone, but wanted to make sure that it worked how I wanted it to.

Thanks again.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Also, you can link any duplicate contacts together so that they will appear as one item in your contacts list but contain all the information across each network they're from. i.e. mail contacts/Facebook contacts can be linked so that you have their normal email address but their Facebook profile picture appears etc. It's not limited to that though, and if you do this, you will gain a richer experience when looking at a contact's history (i.e. emails, FB update, texts etc).

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, you can link any duplicate contacts together so that they will appear as one item in your contacts list but contain all the information across each network they're from. i.e. mail contacts/Facebook contacts can be linked so that you have their normal email address but their Facebook profile picture appears etc. It's not limited to that though, and if you do this, you will gain a richer experience when looking at a contact's history (i.e. emails, FB update, texts etc).
Remember something similar when i had an Android phone...quite useful that!

Thanks for letting me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa