Bought a new phone - how to upgrade and carry over apps/data?

agreen123

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! I have a question...

I had an old Samsung Focus. Cracked the screen, first time breaking a screen EVER on a smartphone after 8 years or so of owning one. Anyway...

Bought a new Samsung Focus S. How can I make sure all my apps and stuff carry over from my old phone? The old Focus works fine and I can sync/back it up. If I do that one last time, then plug my new phone into my desktop, will it automatically install all my apps ad some other stuff (like my old iPhone did), or will I have to manually re-install (or, ack, re-purchase) the apps I bought?

I would still be using the same Windows Live ID.

Any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated...!

PS: The old Focus was running Mango :)

Last edited:

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried going to your account in the WP7 market place, you can change your main device settings to show your new phone and then re-install all your apps/programs from your account.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! I have a question...

I had an old Samsung Focus. Cracked the screen, first time breaking a screen EVER on a smartphone after 8 years or so of owning one. Anyway...

Bought a new Samsung Focus S. How can I make sure all my apps and stuff carry over from my old phone? The old Focus works fine and I can sync/back it up. If I do that one last time, then plug my new phone into my desktop, will it automatically install all my apps ad some other stuff (like my old iPhone did), or will I have to manually re-install (or, ack, re-purchase) the apps I bought?

I would still be using the same Windows Live ID.

Any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated...!

PS: The old Focus was running Mango :)
You'll have to reinstall your apps but you won't have to pay for them again since you are using the same Windows Live ID. The contacts should carry over when you sync your Windows Live account. Not sure what happens to SMS data, but I don't think it carries over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett