About time we got Skype?

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The Microsoft Skype acquisition is old news and one would think that they would release the app for WP7 soon with all the new FF camera's on the newer devices. But all seems quiet on that front.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The Microsoft Skype acquisition is old news and one would think that they would release the app for WP7 soon with all the new FF camera's on the newer devices. But all seems quiet on that front.
They don't want to spoil the Lumia's launch party, shhh don't mention Skype. (Video Calling) ;)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I can't ever see that coming to the states unless you pay a DRM fee.

I had satellite radio in my truck. I canceled it after they tried to charge me a DRM fee to listen to the radio in my truck.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Sweet... thanks, WeeBear. :) Unlike others (although I can relate to their frustration), I don't mind waiting a little while for the big apps (if the time waiting is worth while).

I'm in this for the long-haul! :)

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Skype is going to be a major selling point for WP! MS is going to make sure the Skype experience on a WP is > than its competitors.

I prefer to wait it out for a great APP rather than someting rushed.

Can't wait for this hopefully they integrate it soon I hate APPS

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Can't see what coming to the states palandri ?

Spotify. They may try to launch it in the states, but I can see the DRM attorneys jumping all over it and getting a court order to require a DRM fee to use it here.

Addendum: I see in the second link that there is a fee, so that may cover any DRM fee in the states.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs