11-11-2011 08:30 AM
41 12
tools
    The Microsoft Skype acquisition is old news and one would think that they would release the app for WP7 soon with all the new FF camera's on the newer devices. But all seems quiet on that front.
    11-07-2011 03:55 PM
    The Microsoft Skype acquisition is old news and one would think that they would release the app for WP7 soon with all the new FF camera's on the newer devices. But all seems quiet on that front.
    They don't want to spoil the Lumia's launch party, shhh don't mention Skype. (Video Calling) ;)
    11-07-2011 03:57 PM
    Tango was said to be launching today...
    11-07-2011 04:12 PM
    Seriously. I'm waiting on this.
    11-07-2011 04:16 PM
    I'm hoping for Skype and Spotify to hit the marketplace around the same time. That'll be a real treat.
    11-07-2011 04:20 PM
    I'm hoping for Skype and Spotify to hit the marketplace around the same time. That'll be a real treat.
    Well at least you'll get Spotify today / tonight Big Supes.

http://www.mykindofphone.com/spotify...-windows-phone

I suspect i'll be in my bed when it arrives though.
    11-07-2011 04:22 PM
    Well at least you'll get Spotify today Big Supes.
    Ha! I was just coming back to edit my post after seeing your thread.

Great news! Spotify is going to be sweet.
    11-07-2011 04:23 PM
    Yes the app seems nice.

A little Spotify article.

Spotify For Windows Phone Release Date

:)
    11-07-2011 04:32 PM
    I can't ever see that coming to the states unless you pay a DRM fee.

I had satellite radio in my truck. I canceled it after they tried to charge me a DRM fee to listen to the radio in my truck.
    11-07-2011 04:37 PM
    I can't ever see that coming to the states unless you pay a DRM fee.

I had satellite radio in my truck. I canceled it after they tried to charge me a DRM fee to listen to the radio in my truck.
    Can't see what coming to the states palandri ?
    11-07-2011 04:41 PM
    Sweet... thanks, WeeBear. :) Unlike others (although I can relate to their frustration), I don't mind waiting a little while for the big apps (if the time waiting is worth while).

I'm in this for the long-haul! :)
    11-07-2011 04:47 PM
    Here'a a little more about the app Big Supes. :)

Spotify launches for Windows Phone TODAY | Windows Phone 7 | Channel 9
    Big Supes likes this.
    11-07-2011 04:49 PM
    Skype is going to be a major selling point for WP! MS is going to make sure the Skype experience on a WP is > than its competitors.

I prefer to wait it out for a great APP rather than someting rushed.

Can't wait for this hopefully they integrate it soon I hate APPS
    11-07-2011 04:50 PM
    Can't see what coming to the states palandri ?
    Spotify. They may try to launch it in the states, but I can see the DRM attorneys jumping all over it and getting a court order to require a DRM fee to use it here.

Addendum: I see in the second link that there is a fee, so that may cover any DRM fee in the states.
    11-07-2011 04:56 PM
    Spotify. They may try to launch it in the states, but I can see the DRM attorneys jumping all over it and getting a court order to require a DRM fee to use it here.
    You're a wee bit behind the times I think palandri, Spotify launched in the states in July. :)

Exclusive: Spotify now has 250,000 paying U.S. users: sources | Reuters

That's why i asked, I was wondering what you were meaning LOL

I'm easily confused though. ;)
    11-07-2011 04:59 PM
    You're a wee bit behind the times I think palandri, Spotify launched in the states in July. :)

Exclusive: Spotify now has 250,000 paying U.S. users: sources | Reuters

That's why i asked, I was wondering what you were meaning LOL

I'm easily confused though. ;)
    I didn't see the fee in the first link.
    11-07-2011 05:02 PM
    No excuses now! LOL I'll let you off this time. ;)
    11-07-2011 05:04 PM
    Any update on the Tango Video Chat?
    11-08-2011 12:46 AM
    I'm also looking for any update about Tango, I didn't find any information.
    11-08-2011 01:44 AM
    11-09-2011 01:44 AM
    SKYPE is on every other platform. Why cant they get it made into an app for wp7? Dont need deep integration immediately just get it on the damn platform already. Should have been done ages ago. I have had it on my iphone for over 2 years and do not even have a FFC.
    11-09-2011 08:29 AM
    It's taking longer than anticipated due to technical issues. Can't find the article now but I read it yesterday.
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 11-09-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    11-09-2011 08:36 AM
    SKYPE is on every other platform. Why cant they get it made into an app for wp7? Dont need deep integration immediately just get it on the damn platform already. Should have been done ages ago. I have had it on my iphone for over 2 years and do not even have a FFC.
    MS still needs to go through a few things
    1. Rebranding I think they are changing the name to MS skype
    2. Legal issues since they own it now I bet they are going to have to fight through some legal issues with the carriers especially if they want to integrate it
    3. Merger with Live are they going to merge Skype credit with your live account
    4. More merger with live are they going to sync both messengers together
    5. Best integration possible I hope MS ensured that the Skype experience on a WP is far greater than the iOS and Android counterpart so they are probably working on this like crazy

I heard 4 - 8 weeks but personally I rather have it integrated rather than a application.
    11-09-2011 10:41 AM
    Actually the Skype acquisition only very recently completed after the nod from the relevant bodies such as the US and Europe to name but two. So it is not really that suprising that nothing has popped up yet.

I am actually looking forward to Lync mobile which we do know is imminent having seen it on the Nokia devices during the recent launch and some softies events recently.
    11-09-2011 10:59 AM
    Not sure how there are technical difficulties on WP. Skype uses wifi and the internet to make a call between skype members. You upload a video stream and your partner downloads it. It works between mac computers and PC computers and linux computers. As long as you can access the internet and have a web cam you can video chat. What makes a mobile device that much more difficult. More so, what makes a windows mobile device that much more difficult. It is on every other platform.

Does not have to be branded before the app is created. Skype has not been pulled from the internet because it does not have MS in the name. It does not need to be, and should not be, an all or nothing situation. Skype is already used on every carrier network on the other platforms, not sure how big of a legal issue there can be now that it is owned by MS.

I dont like corporate excuses for delays. They are almost always complete and total BS.
    11-09-2011 11:07 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD