Not ready for WP yet, going for iphone for now.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just find Zune and iTunes not as good as mediamoney when it comes to inputting the tags and stuff and I am a organizer freak, I love to have my music organized to the tee and with itunes and zune sometimes album art wont show, there will be 2 of the same artist etc.

Its not that they are bad im just real anal about that stuff lol

Honest question. Have you used the Zune software yet?

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Honest question. Have you used the Zune software yet?

Yes. I am not new to WP7, I had a Focus at launch but got rid of it due to features, but the UI really left an impression on me. I guess you are implying that you have not had any if those problems with your comment. Well not everyone experience is the same, I had those little problems.

sam17ub

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the point of this thread. The OP loves iPhone, so he won't buy a WP device now. Which is fair enough. But when others point out how much iPhone sucks compared to Windows Phone, he takes offence to that.

So, if he had already made up his mind, why bother starting this thread in the first place?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I am not new to WP7, I had a Focus at launch but got rid of it due to features, but the UI really left an impression on me. I guess you are implying that you have not had any if those problems with your comment. Well not everyone experience is the same, I had those little problems.

Yeah, I started with an original 30gb Zune and upgraded to an 32gb Zune HD. I don't have any duplicates. I still use my ZHD for my music and podcasts. I don't have but a half dozen songs on my Trophy.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the point of this thread. The OP loves iPhone, so he won't buy a WP device now. Which is fair enough. But when others point out how much iPhone sucks compared to Windows Phone, he takes offence to that.

So, if he had already made up his mind, why bother starting this thread in the first place?

So I cant make a discussion? Just giving my thoughts, isnt that what these forums are for? Also I didnt take offence to anything, just annoyed with fanboys who I find incredibly stupid.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea I just made this thread with no bad intention in anyway, just a simple little discussion and I hate when fanboys come in with stupid remarks and such you know, but whatever, its my fault too, Ive been on the internet long enough that I shouldn't let these guys bother me lol

I suspected as much; I've been there. :)

From my experience, this place seems to be very neutral and open minded regarding WP competitors. Sure, a small degree of chain yanking will occur when someone states they're off to Apple, but 95% here will happily respect your decision. Whatever floats your boat, dude. It's good you've at least looked at WP7.5; a lot more than what can be said for other folks. :)

sam17ub

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So I cant make a discussion? Just giving my thoughts, isnt that what these forums are for? Also I didnt take offence to anything, just annoyed with fanboys who I find incredibly stupid.

I think it's more like a one way discussion, or a blog post. Because whoever criticizes the iPhone and says your decision wasn't very good -- you label him a ******. This is not how a discussion works.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I started with an original 30gb Zune and upgraded to an 32gb Zune HD. I don't have any duplicates. I still use my ZHD for my music and podcasts. I don't have but a half dozen songs on my Trophy.

Yea sometimes some of these Music Librarys have trouble making the tags stay on certain songs for some reason and you end up with missing artwork, duplicates and what not, dont get me wrong I can use itunes and zune for sure, I just find mediamonkey super easy to use and more feature rich.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I suspected as much; I've been there. :)

From my experience, this place seems to be very neutral and open minded regarding WP competitors. Sure, a small degree of chain yanking will occur when someone states they're off to Apple, but 95% here will happily respect your decision. Whatever floats your boat, dude. It's good you've at least looked at WP7.5; a lot more than what can be said for other folks. :)

Yea like I said im still debating it, the main thing for me is memory, I guess I could get the focus again but for that I'd rather get the superior S, Im not gonna get anything right this minute so I still have time to think, not sure though. If I do go with titan or Focus S, the best thing I can do is create playlists for my artists and cut out any songs that I dont like/listen too, that would save me a lot of room. I also played with the HD7S at ATT and I gotta say it was pretty nice! I hear mixed reports of it though. If only the titan was 4.3'...

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it's more like a one way discussion, or a blog post. Because whoever criticizes the iPhone and says your decision wasn't very good -- you label him a ******. This is not how a discussion works.

Theres a difference between criticizing something in a logical manner and bashing something just cause you dont like it. Anyway whatever if you dont like this thread then get out? What do you want me to say?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yea sometimes some of these Music Librarys have trouble making the tags stay on certain songs for some reason and you end up with missing artwork, duplicates and what not, don't get me wrong I can use itunes and zune for sure, I just find mediamonkey super easy to use and more feature rich.

As far as missing artwork, maybe you didn't leave the device connected to the computer long enough for the artwork to completely populate the device? Have you tried using the Zune support on Twitter? I haven't used mediamonkey so I can't offer any comparisons.

I haven't used itunes myself, but my wife does for her ipod and ipod touch. No doubt Apple has a good product. But I'm seeing more and more Apple users switching to WP.

I would encourage you to look for some Zune support before abanding WP. It may be possible that the problems you are encountering have simple fixes.

sam17ub

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Theres a difference between criticizing something in a logical manner and bashing something just cause you dont like it. Anyway whatever if you dont like this thread then get out? What do you want me to say?

Nothing. I just wanted to say I don't agree with your labeling of those guys as fanboys, and that if you wanted to find out what real fanboys are like, please post a similar thread on an Apple discussion board saying you are leaving iPhone for Windows Phone.

Bye. Enjoy your iPhone, and "Siri"!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yea like I said im still debating it, the main thing for me is memory, I guess I could get the focus again but for that I'd rather get the superior S, Im not gonna get anything right this minute so I still have time to think, not sure though. If I do go with titan or Focus S, the best thing I can do is create playlists for my artists and cut out any songs that I dont like/listen too, that would save me a lot of room. I also played with the HD7S at ATT and I gotta say it was pretty nice! I hear mixed reports of it though. If only the titan was 4.3'...

If you're into the music that much, have you tried the Zune Pass? I use my ZHD more for podcasts. I don't have but 100 or so songs on it. So for me, the Zune Pass is a cost that I don't want. I only buy a song here and there. being able to stream your music would cut down on your memory requirements.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. I just wanted to say I don't agree with your labeling of those guys as fanboys, and that if you wanted to find out what real fanboys are like, please post a similar thread on an Apple discussion board saying you are leaving iPhone for Windows Phone.

Bye. Enjoy your iPhone, and "Siri"!

Thats always gonna be the case when something is more known and popular, WP7 doesn't even come close to the popularity of iPhone, but imagine if the tables were turned, you think it would be different? Go to a Windows Forum and say you are leaving for OSX, see what kind of response you get, THAT my friend is true fanboyism.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
If you're into the music that much, have you tried the Zune Pass? I use my ZHD more for podcasts. I don't have but 100 or so songs on it. So for me, the Zune Pass is a cost that I don't want. I only buy a song here and there. being able to stream your music would cut down on your memory requirements.

Yea tbh I think the Zune pass is actually a great deal but I only mostly listen to my library and when I want to discover some new stuff I drop 3$ for a month of LastFM or just use Pandora.

(I love how Im juggling conversations here xD)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Storage capacity is reasonable concern. I would like to store more videos to my HD7, but it's not going to happen. . . for the time being. Regarding the Titan, have you held one yet? I actually think it's more comfortable to hold than my HD7. It's noticeably thinner and feels a lot more comfortable in my pocket (too comfortable as I didn't want to take it back out :D).

Mr.Moonlight

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone for the longest time. Was pretty happy with it. But when I tried out WP7 in a T-Mobile shop last December, I realized this was something groundbreaking. I was expecting something similar to WM 6.5, but was surprised by what I experienced. I made the leap of faith and never looked back.

Would I have been happy with my iPhone if I hadn't discovered WP? Sure. So are millions of others. Nothing wrong with using what works for you. Although I enjoyed the iPhone, I did get kinda tired of Apple's pricing politics (let's be honest, the hardware is overpriced for what it is) and paying for the "image". The iPhone has sort of become a status symbol in many parts.

Well, I could give a rat's *** about status symbols...I just go with what works for me. I'm the only one I have to please. That's the attitude everyone should have. The iPhone worked for me for a long time. Then I discovered that WP worked better for me. Simple as that. That's the way you should think, too. Go with what works for you. Be it an iPhone or WP7.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
He's right about Zune. It splits albums even from the Zune marketplace at times and the only way to fix it is with windows media player. He's also right about iTunes and the missing album art. I'm experiencing that in this device right now.

However with ios5 you don't need Zune forbid evinces except to shovel stuff from the pc to the phone. Updates etc. are all ota now.

The iPhone hardware does have a premium feel to it that you don't get with anything except a few nokias and a blackberry bold. Storage is a huge issue on wp. Apps and games are an issue as well.

As far as apple stealing features Microsoft stole social hub from touch wiz and literally all the new mango features for it existed on Samsung phones before wp7. No one cares where the features are from, only that it enhances the usability of the device they own.

Software wise it's mostly preference as to which is you prefer. Hardware wise it's not much of a competition.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

And blow your data requirements out of the water since the average streamed song of Zune pass is about 3.5 mb or so. If you stream for 2 hours that can be over 120mb of data that session just for the music. Let's say you keep a bit of music on your phone so smart dj doesn't stream everything. That's 3-3.5 gb a month of 2 hour a day streaming, well over 2gb so you can not stream for a week in there and still almost cap your plan just with the streaming.

On a 2gb Verizon or AT&T data plan you do the math.

Sprint and tmobile have decent data plans but their coverage isn't as good and with such high etf fees its harder than ever for many people to just up and switch.

Obviously you can mitigate that with wifi but I think the point is clear. Same goes to offloading videos to fb and YouTube to save space. Those are even bigger than music files. High megapixel images downloaded off the web add up quite a bit as well (at around 1mb or so per image).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3