News on Windows Phone 8

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
My feelings on NFC are the same as my feelings on dual-core processors. I don't care about having them, but anything that helps the platform to be seen at the same level as iOS or Android is a good thing in my book.

xeverous

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I want a Windows Phone 8 with 320+ ppi SAMOLED, NFC, FFC, dual-core, 1GB RAM, 128GB storage and angels.

Lol SAMOLED and 128GB storage is a bit too much to ask for. 320+ pip, NFC, FFC, dual-core are all doable. 1GB RAM - not sure if this is necessary, since everyone else is still under as well.

L

lumic

Titan is now the only WP with FFC. Bummer, I guess I must have seen one of a kind Samsungs this past weekend.
Don't hate, just take a look at their tagline:
QUALITY ANALYSIS ATTEMPTED

Lol SAMOLED and 128GB storage is a bit too much to ask for. 320+ pip, NFC, FFC, dual-core are all doable. 1GB RAM - not sure if this is necessary, since everyone else is still under as well.
If a gig of ram is enough to make Microsoft keep more than 5-6 programs in memory, I'll take it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That site is just one persons predictions from just surfing the web. None of that info is from MS directly. I really doubt MS is going to wait till wp8 to have video messaging. His tagline is reversed. Should be "quality analysis not attempted, just mindless drivel". apple 4S has an A5 chip, same one from ipad2. How do you mess up apple tech reporting? Its on just about every tech website on the internet.

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't even officially acknowledge Apollo exists - the name has simply propogated from rumour and hearsay. How credible those sources are depends on your point of view!

The site linked in the OP seems to just rattle off a wishlist of features that might or might not be delivered over the next 12 months. Many of them are not essential right now, but some of them may become important over time as smartphone technology progresses and these features begin to take hold on the dominant platforms.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't even officially acknowledge Apollo exists - the name has simply propogated from rumour and hearsay. How credible those sources are depends on your point of view!

The site linked in the OP seems to just rattle off a wishlist of features that might or might not be delivered over the next 12 months. Many of them are not essential right now, but some of them may become important over time as smartphone technology progresses and these features begin to take hold on the dominant platforms.

can't tell if serious. I hope not. Apollo was confirmed as the codename at a MSDN seminar in like July or August

xeverous

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
That site is just one persons predictions from just surfing the web. None of that info is from MS directly. I really doubt MS is going to wait till wp8 to have video messaging. His tagline is reversed. Should be "quality analysis not attempted, just mindless drivel". apple 4S has an A5 chip, same one from ipad2. How do you mess up apple tech reporting? Its on just about every tech website on the internet.

People are rather critical on the Internet, actually. It's probably an oversight anyways. I've checked just now and somehow it's been corrected.

About the WP8 and video messaging (Presumably Skype) - Tango has said to be a minor update like No-Do, so it's quite likely that video messaging will be lumped together with the next major update, 'Apollo' instead.

Even if video messaging debuts, it'd be rather useless at this stage, as (correct me if I'm wrong, but) the HTC Titan is the only camera with a front facing camera right now. Unless you are planning to video conference with the phone flipped backwards to you, which would result in a very bad user experience, as you would not be able to see the other person due to the flipped phone, it's quite likely that video messaging will debut at the same time when the other Windows Phones get FCC en masse.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Focus S and Flash have FFC. Titan will. Radar does. Only Nokia has dropped the ball on FFC. Also, the other people I know do have skype and FFC on their platforms and I would hope that my "people centric" phone would allow me to communicate with them in this way.

xeverous

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Focus S and Flash have FFC. Titan will. Radar does. Only Nokia has dropped the ball on FFC. Also, the other people I know do have skype and FFC on their platforms and I would hope that my "people centric" phone would allow me to communicate with them in this way.

Quite odd that the 'flagship device', or at least the flagship device maker, or the 'first Windows phone' had this the FFC omitted then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss