Should I reset my phone?

isolde

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone does both. I called Telus again tonight and the woman on the phone said they sell many of these phones and nobody has an issue. She said it is a user/usage problem and blamed my apps. I am thinking of resetting the phone and not updating to Mango to see how it works out.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My phone does both. I called Telus again tonight and the woman on the phone said they sell many of these phones and nobody has an issue. She said it is a user/usage problem and blamed my apps. I am thinking of resetting the phone and not updating to Mango to see how it works out.

Mine was already on Mango when I restarted but I have way less apps now. If you fix this please tell me how, I'm stuck with this phone until 2013.

isolde

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Tonight I was watching how much battery life my phone had left and it was all over the place. First it said I had 10 hrs left, after half an hour with no charging it said 8 hours left. I let my phone rest for a few minutes and looked at it again and it had 12 hours left. Made a 15 minute call and now only 3 hours left on it. It is so ridiculous.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I stopped relying in Battery saver mode because of this. Sometimes the batery logo get's stuck a certain percent like for example 64% and you use and use your browser and it's still on 64%. Then after a couple of minutes it drops significantly. It's horrible.

isolde

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Winterfang, I just wanted to let you know that I spoke with LG Canada this morning. The woman who I spoke with said this is not a known issue, which I highly doubt. Her recommendation is to contact the service provider to get a new battery if it still under warranty. I will try it and let you know if it actually helps.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
just go into a TELUS store and exchange it under warranty...... they can’t say no.

all the people telling you its not a KNOW issue are FULL OF ****!! battery problems are 60% of ALL CELL PHONE PROBLEMS!! 30% being firmware and 20% being random INTERMITENT problems.

if they give you a problem at he store, just tell them it’s a * INTERMITENT PROBLEM * and they DO NOT have a choice to repair/exchange it ( unless its physically or water damaged )

problem solved.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
How do I know if my phone is still under warranty? I would love to get rid of this problem since I always end up without battery for my commute to home ( Yep happened today also ) and I have to walk quite a lot to my car, is pretty dangerous.

Last edited:

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sign out of Windows Live Messenger and toggle Facebook chat off and see how that works.

You sign out by setting your status to offline.

Also it would help to know which third party also you have installed.

Also make sure you don't allow the phone to send feedback or check for updates over your data connection.

Set battery saver to trigger when the phone is low in power. During classes, hard toggle battery saver on, or airplane mode if that seems safe to you.

If you aren't streaming a lot of stuff you can also disable the 3G.connection when you aren't actively using the phone.

Don't leave WiFi on when you are.not j. Proximity to a wifi hotspots.

Turning off location services will also save a lot not battery.

I thing WP devices get rather bad battery life primarily due to the lack of a GPS toggle. It means most people leave that in 24/7.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You bring some excellent points. I'm always offline on the messenger/facebook chat thankfully.

I don't trust Battery saver mode I think it makes things worse, maybe I'm just crazy on that part. I'll set it up again

I don't check for updates, I'll deativate the check for feedback option.

Locations services? Will I be able to check in? I use that feature and also I have the option to know my place in case my phone get lost/stolen.

I'll give it a try, thanks a lot.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That's too bad.

I had HORRIBLE battery life on my Arrive after I upgraded to Mango. A new battery didn't fix it (I didn't think it would have) but a phone reset DID fix the problem.

Im not a social networker nor do I care about my phone knowing my location. (Is it really that hard for people to type in the city they live in while searching for things? I only turn on location when I need GPS)

I also turn off Zune connection under Music & Video in settings. I also turn off Feedback under settings. I only use Wifi when I have to and I never use Bluetooth. I think I get better battery life with battery saver off too. because all the stuff battery saver does I have done already on my phone. So I think it doesn't have to constantly check the battery life which saves battery. Kindof ironic.

Also I have found that having roaming on actually saves battery life too. I think the phone stays connected better when it knows it's getting the best signal possible instead of always searching for the best.

I set all my emails to only update manually.

Do all that and it should help!

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You bring some excellent points. I'm always offline on the messenger/facebook chat thankfully.

I don't trust Battery saver mode I think it makes things worse, maybe I'm just crazy on that part. I'll set it up again

I don't check for updates, I'll deativate the check for feedback option.

Locations services? Will I be able to check in? I use that feature and also I have the option to know my place in case my phone get lost/stolen.

I'll give it a try, thanks a lot.

About fixing battery life, you cand find it on the next link on the MS site:

Cell Phone Battery Life | Windows Phone 7 Battery Life | Increase Battery Life | Windows Phone 7

After doing this you can have a decent 3 or 4 days of battery life (stand by) :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre