Should I reset my phone?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting only 7 hours of battery life. Which my sounds great but it means that I fully charge it at 9AM and by 4 PM is dead, always without fail, every Tuesday and Thursday (college days). This sucks because I'm in my home at 7:00PM so I'm hours without communication.

Even worse, I'm starting to get a restarting bug in which the phones randomly reboots, also my phone goes from 20% of charge to zero and dies, then when I go home and recharge it, it jumps to half charge. So it may be a bug. This is making me crazy and sometimes I want to get another phone but Android is plagued with the same problems so I can't do anything.

Anyone had terrible battery life post mango? how did you solve it?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That means I'll lose all my contacts and game saves right? I don't know if I can beat all the levels in Angry Birds again.
I've done 4 plays from the beginning of Angry birds with flashing ROMS, if it's good enough for me! LOL ;)

Your contacts should be stored on your Live account. :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've done 4 plays from the beginning of Angry birds with flashing ROMS, if it's good enough for me! LOL ;)

Your contacts should be stored on your Live account. :)

Really? oh man, I hope it's true. I'll do it when I get the time and I'll write them for extra safe measure.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting my trophy replaced under warranty because it was getting 6-7 hours of battery life and I woke up one morning and it wouldn't get enough signal to make a call.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I let my phone die last night and plug it today and restart it. First thing I notice is that my phone was in Mango already good stuff. My contacts all appear on my account but I did had to sign facebook and then do a lot of synching and linking but it took just a couple of minutes, nothing compared to the nightmare of when I first got my phone.

My Notes got back, so that was a sign of relief, I got really afraid for a second so that was amazing. Kudos for Skydrive.

On the flip side, all my pictures are gone, all my apps are gone, all my messages are gone. I haven't connected to the PC yet so maybe all this changes.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You should get your apps and piccies back but don't think messages are backed up.

You can reinstall your apps from the web again though if you forgot what you had.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll download my apps again. Man thankfully I'm a Microsoft type of guy all my info is on my live account so this reset was a breeze =).

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope so. Any specific settings you guys are using? What features you have turn off? I just want my phone to last a day like before.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well is Tuesday and I had to test my phone for real again. Now like I said before Tuesdays and Thursdays I beat the phone hard so it's very disappointing to have the song dying at 4:00PM like clockwork every T/T.

How was the battery? Meh, at 4:22 I got a Low Battery warning and at 5:50 the phone died for good. So I got almost to hours of extra battery which was still completely dead in my commute to home.

Now the good news is that the phone was at 83% when I leave the house today so there's a chance the phone survives at least till I get home which is all I really need.

isolde

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Winterfang, I have the same problems with my phone. I also have an Optimus 7. It started occurring 3 weeks after I received it so I was able to get an exchange through Telus. Now on my 2nd Optimus 7 I am noticing the same issues. One person at Telus said this is a known issue with the phone, another said they had never heard of it. So who knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077