11-21-2011 10:40 AM
32 12
tools
    I'm getting only 7 hours of battery life. Which my sounds great but it means that I fully charge it at 9AM and by 4 PM is dead, always without fail, every Tuesday and Thursday (college days). This sucks because I'm in my home at 7:00PM so I'm hours without communication.

Even worse, I'm starting to get a restarting bug in which the phones randomly reboots, also my phone goes from 20% of charge to zero and dies, then when I go home and recharge it, it jumps to half charge. So it may be a bug. This is making me crazy and sometimes I want to get another phone but Android is plagued with the same problems so I can't do anything.

Anyone had terrible battery life post mango? how did you solve it?
    11-11-2011 08:42 AM
    Well by the sound of it, it couldn't make things much worse!
    11-11-2011 09:15 AM
    That means I'll lose all my contacts and game saves right? I don't know if I can beat all the levels in Angry Birds again.
    11-11-2011 10:15 AM
    That means I'll lose all my contacts and game saves right? I don't know if I can beat all the levels in Angry Birds again.
    I've done 4 plays from the beginning of Angry birds with flashing ROMS, if it's good enough for me! LOL ;)

Your contacts should be stored on your Live account. :)
    Winterfang likes this.
    11-11-2011 10:19 AM
    I've done 4 plays from the beginning of Angry birds with flashing ROMS, if it's good enough for me! LOL ;)

Your contacts should be stored on your Live account. :)
    Really? oh man, I hope it's true. I'll do it when I get the time and I'll write them for extra safe measure.
    11-11-2011 10:27 AM
    You can always check first Winterfang. Just to make sure. :)

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/my?wa=wsignin1.0

(View Contacts)

You can reinstall your apps from there too of course.
    11-11-2011 10:32 AM
    Oooh they are there :D. So if I reset my phone, how do I get my contacts back? =)
    11-11-2011 11:25 AM
    Great stuff, when you sign in again on your reset phone, they will automagically return. :)
    11-11-2011 11:27 AM
    I'll try it tonight. I hope it works. Thank you very much.
    11-11-2011 11:37 AM
    You're welcome Winterfang. I wish you well. Let us know how it goes. :)
    11-11-2011 11:40 AM
    I hope reset works for you. Did you also check background applications that may be running in settings?
    11-11-2011 11:55 AM
    I ended up getting my trophy replaced under warranty because it was getting 6-7 hours of battery life and I woke up one morning and it wouldn't get enough signal to make a call.
    11-11-2011 05:26 PM
    Good luck Winterfang!
    11-11-2011 07:09 PM
    Ok I let my phone die last night and plug it today and restart it. First thing I notice is that my phone was in Mango already good stuff. My contacts all appear on my account but I did had to sign facebook and then do a lot of synching and linking but it took just a couple of minutes, nothing compared to the nightmare of when I first got my phone.

My Notes got back, so that was a sign of relief, I got really afraid for a second so that was amazing. Kudos for Skydrive.

On the flip side, all my pictures are gone, all my apps are gone, all my messages are gone. I haven't connected to the PC yet so maybe all this changes.
    11-12-2011 08:51 AM
    You should get your apps and piccies back but don't think messages are backed up.

You can reinstall your apps from the web again though if you forgot what you had.
    11-12-2011 08:56 AM
    Thanks, I'll download my apps again. Man thankfully I'm a Microsoft type of guy all my info is on my live account so this reset was a breeze =).
    11-12-2011 09:07 AM
    That's good Winterfang, yes it's not as bad as it could have been.

Hope your problem is cured though after all that. :)
    11-12-2011 09:09 AM
    I hope so. Any specific settings you guys are using? What features you have turn off? I just want my phone to last a day like before.
    11-12-2011 09:26 AM
    Well is Tuesday and I had to test my phone for real again. Now like I said before Tuesdays and Thursdays I beat the phone hard so it's very disappointing to have the song dying at 4:00PM like clockwork every T/T.

How was the battery? Meh, at 4:22 I got a Low Battery warning and at 5:50 the phone died for good. So I got almost to hours of extra battery which was still completely dead in my commute to home.

Now the good news is that the phone was at 83% when I leave the house today so there's a chance the phone survives at least till I get home which is all I really need.
    11-15-2011 04:35 PM
    Winterfang, I have the same problems with my phone. I also have an Optimus 7. It started occurring 3 weeks after I received it so I was able to get an exchange through Telus. Now on my 2nd Optimus 7 I am noticing the same issues. One person at Telus said this is a known issue with the phone, another said they had never heard of it. So who knows.
    11-15-2011 04:50 PM
    Which issue in particular Isolde, the auto turn off or the terrible battery life? =(
    11-15-2011 04:54 PM
    My phone does both. I called Telus again tonight and the woman on the phone said they sell many of these phones and nobody has an issue. She said it is a user/usage problem and blamed my apps. I am thinking of resetting the phone and not updating to Mango to see how it works out.
    11-15-2011 08:05 PM
    My phone does both. I called Telus again tonight and the woman on the phone said they sell many of these phones and nobody has an issue. She said it is a user/usage problem and blamed my apps. I am thinking of resetting the phone and not updating to Mango to see how it works out.
    Mine was already on Mango when I restarted but I have way less apps now. If you fix this please tell me how, I'm stuck with this phone until 2013.
    11-15-2011 08:09 PM
    Tonight I was watching how much battery life my phone had left and it was all over the place. First it said I had 10 hrs left, after half an hour with no charging it said 8 hours left. I let my phone rest for a few minutes and looked at it again and it had 12 hours left. Made a 15 minute call and now only 3 hours left on it. It is so ridiculous.
    11-15-2011 08:11 PM
    I stopped relying in Battery saver mode because of this. Sometimes the batery logo get's stuck a certain percent like for example 64% and you use and use your browser and it's still on 64%. Then after a couple of minutes it drops significantly. It's horrible.
    11-15-2011 08:21 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD