12-16-2011 02:09 PM
87 1234
tools
    Just me. My mom liked my HD7 when I first got it. Then got an android phone for herself. Got my sister and niece iPhones. Got my two brothers androids. Gave me an iPod Touch. My dad prefers his feature phone. Friends of mine from Richmond and Chicago just got Android phones.

Moved and everyone here has iPhones and Android devices. I have never seen so many android devices just walking down the street before... I haven't seen one other WP yet, and no one seems interested in knowing about mine when I'm out using it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    11-14-2011 02:25 PM
    Just me so far. I am the tech guy when it comes to family and friends too. However they all insist on android or iphone's. They all want me to fix their computers or help them set up their home netoworks or even their andrioid / iphone problems. They ask me first when it comes to what they should get when buying a new computer, tv, or any other kind of electronic except when it comes to phones.

It's usually something dumb like "But the iphone integrates with itunes! So that's why I have one." or "Android is what everybody else has so I want to get that."

ugh....
    same here, im getting really upset with my sis and gf both going iphone by end of year :( feels like no one believes me and with the stunt Bell decided to pull off, i don't know what i should do
    11-14-2011 04:25 PM
    Wow, I'm in a very different spot than everyone else.

Me
    Girlfriend
    Mother
    Brother
    Best friend
    Three other friends
    Four coworkers
    FriendOrDafoe likes this.
    11-14-2011 06:15 PM

Me
    Girlfriend
    Mother
    Brother
    Best friend
    Three other friends
    Four coworkers
    Dude, you're definitely in the minority. Maybe you work at Microsoft's Windows Phone division? LOL!
    jeremyshaw likes this.
    11-14-2011 06:24 PM

Me
    Girlfriend
    Mother
    Brother
    Best friend
    Three other friends
    Four coworkers
    This guy needs to be employed by Microsoft! :)
    11-14-2011 08:04 PM
    Just me, also. Waiting for someone so I can say, "s**t, got that x years ago."
    11-14-2011 08:12 PM
    This guy needs to be employed by Microsoft! :)
    Haha, I do, with Xbox 360 :)
    FriendOrDafoe likes this.
    11-14-2011 08:22 PM
    None, all the executives at work are addicted to blackberry and all my family is on iPhones. They all come to me with computer issues but when it comes to phone I just say "I don't know iOS, sorry"

Feels kinda good to say that. I hate being the go-to guy.
    11-14-2011 08:42 PM
    Good Job!! Should we ask MS for a cut of their marketing budget? ;)
    What MS need to do is stop relying on the fools at the ATT store and what not to act stupid when someone asks about WP and hire people like us to push the phones. I know all there is to know about my phone and the ATT people stand there and scratch their head if you ask them anything about WP. I for one would be more than happy to show people why they should come to WP instead of iPhone or Android. In fact, I do that now for free. I have gotten a few to actually consider it and at least two who are going to get one when the upgrades are here at the end of the year. I have sold one Titan, and one Focus S and don't get any compensation except for the satifaction of another couple converts.
    11-14-2011 08:50 PM
    What MS need to do is stop relying on the fools at the ATT store and what not to act stupid when someone asks about WP and hire people like us to push the phones. I know all there is to know about my phone and the ATT people stand there and scratch their head if you ask them anything about WP. I for one would be more than happy to show people why they should come to WP instead of iPhone or Android. In fact, I do that now for free. I have gotten a few to actually consider it and at least two who are going to get one when the upgrades are here at the end of the year. I have sold one Titan, and one Focus S and don't get any compensation except for the satifaction of another couple converts.
    Well, probably depends on the ATT store. The larger one around here has a few decent people (at least not trying to steer people towards certain phones), and the Focus S is actually pretty close to the front (HD7S, slightly less close, all others near the backroom door!), but the Best Buy I went to recently (was really looking for a Focus S in stock at that point)... didn't know what a Focus S was (though were helpful in trying to locate on in their cabinet). At least they weren't bashing WP7, lol.
    11-14-2011 08:57 PM
    Im in a highly iPhone dominated area..I'll be at work and 5 people around me will pull out an iPhone. Everyone in my family has droids..
    I don't know a single friend, family member, co-worker or person on the street that even knows Microsoft makes cell phones....I don't think Verizon knows it either.
    11-14-2011 11:54 PM
    Just my partner and I
    11-15-2011 01:15 AM
    I talked my sister into getting the Trophy. She isn't completely happy with WP, but she likes it a lot more now that Mango has been released. She's my only relative with a WP.
    11-15-2011 01:17 AM
    Me, wife, uncle, and 5 friends (as far as I can tell from FB).
    11-15-2011 01:25 AM
    Just me.
    BlackBerries are still dominant because large part of the population is still trapped in the BBM network. Other more tech savvy (and thick pocketed) cousins used iPhone, or Android.
    Same with colleagues or friends, they usually use BB or Android (or both).

Can’t try to sell them WP either because there’s no marketplace or official support in this country.
    11-15-2011 01:38 AM
    ...I don't think Verizon knows it either.
    This is a good point to make when talking about my family members. I'm from/my family lives in the Beaumont, Tx area. The area, especially the more rural areas around it, is densely Verizon. With only the Trophy available on Verizon, I'm not really very willing to suggest Windows Phone to these people. It just happened to be that my sister was available for an upgrade when the Trophy was just released, so I didn't feel bad, since she can get a good two years out of it. However, there is no way I'd want someone to start a two-year contract with a Trophy today. Just a thought.
    11-15-2011 01:44 PM
    there is no way I'd want someone to start a two-year contract with a Trophy today. Just a thought.
    Agreed. Even though I like it, the phone has a very high "meh"ness factor. There are much better options out there and not just for windows phone. But this is verizon's fault, as for some reason they have the best coverage, but the crappiest made phones.
    11-15-2011 02:05 PM
    Agreed. Even though I like it, the phone has a very high "meh"ness factor. There are much better options out there and not just for windows phone. But this is verizon's fault, as for some reason they have the best coverage, but the crappiest made phones.
    True, to us, it's pretty ho-hum. But four people I know have it and love it to death. Don't discount the UX when it comes to Windows Phone.

Granted, I'd want them on something like a Titan or Focus S, all said and done.
    11-16-2011 11:13 AM
    Me and my wife

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    11-16-2011 12:13 PM
    none yet, but most on 2 yr contracts in UK. my brother is impressed and may ditch his iphone for one when he can
    11-16-2011 06:21 PM
    Well I guess I'm different as well
    I have
    Me
    My Wife
    My Son
    My Sister
    My Brother
    and a Co Worker on Windows Phones
    they all seem to like it but
    My only problem trying to convert people is that there is no choice on
    Verizon or Sprint or even Tmobile.
    and I keep pushing that intergration is coming with Windows 8 and xbox so they know everything is going to look and feel the same..
    Mark
    cedarlog likes this.
    11-17-2011 09:01 AM
    Me and I have switched around 7 more people to WP :D. And I keep going, all of them are really happy
    cedarlog likes this.
    11-17-2011 10:41 AM
    Just me but my girl told me that if it weren't for the fact that her company lets her BB be used as a personal and corperate device that they pay for, she would have been on the WP7 party boat too.

I am the go to tech guy for friends and family but for some reason they never listen to me, buy what they want, then I either have to fix it or watch tthem get what I suggested in the first place. I stopped trying.

And every time my girls son's G2 rebootes or freezes he starts asking me more and more about WP7, especially the fact that he is a huge XBL kid. Son they will see the light and a life without suffering.
    11-17-2011 01:26 PM
    Me and I have switched around 7 more people to WP :D. And I keep going, all of them are really happy
    Well I guess I'm different as well
    I have
    Me
    My Wife
    My Son
    My Sister
    My Brother
    and a Co Worker on Windows Phones
    they all seem to like it but
    My only problem trying to convert people is that there is no choice on
    Verizon or Sprint or even Tmobile.
    and I keep pushing that intergration is coming with Windows 8 and xbox so they know everything is going to look and feel the same..
    Mark
    Oh yea I forgot that I just bought a new Samsung Focus S so someone is going to get my Dell Venue Pro so that would be a nother person on WP7.
    11-17-2011 03:33 PM
    Two co-workers, my brother, and my mother.
    11-18-2011 06:11 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD