12-16-2011 02:09 PM
87 1234
tools
    I saw this hot chick at work playing around on her htc radar. I dont know if it was because of her, but it was a sexy combination.
    Finally-someone else with a windows phone!
    TGBmark1234 and cedarlog like this.
    11-19-2011 02:49 PM
    When I switched to Windows Phone I picked up 4 HTC Arrive handsets for my family. We moved from Verizon to Sprint to get the phones. My brother made the same move bringing his 4 Verizon lines to Sprint for the Arrive. We also added our parents to our plans, one to each plan for the max of 5 lines per plan.

My Dad selected the Samsung Epic 4g Android phone for himself and my Mom despite my suggestion that he try the Arrive. He said something to the effect that I should look at the iPhone (not available on Sprint at the time) and Android because they were setting the pace in the smartphone market. Well, prior to the end of the 30-day trial period he was so frustrated with the Epic 4g phones, he took them back and picked up an Arrive for himself and my Mom. Last time we talked about his phones he said he was happy with his decision.

So that's 10 phones, all migrations from Blackberry, Android and feature phones. I still have yet to see a WP7 device outside of our family phones which is a bit disheartening. I have talked friends into the Windows Phone but they always end up with iPhones or Androids once the sales reps talk them out of the Windows phone at the store.

Frustrating!
    11-19-2011 10:59 PM
    So that's 10 phones, all migrations from Blackberry, Android and feature phones. I still have yet to see a WP7 device outside of our family phones which is a bit disheartening. I have talked friends into the Windows Phone but they always end up with iPhones or Androids once the sales reps talk them out of the Windows phone at the store.

Frustrating!
    Its not so much sales reps talking them out of it, android has become the standard operating system for almost every phone thats not iPhone. Chances are your gonna find something you like..and its gonna be powered by android. I hate to say it but windows phone is radical, new, and needs alot of getting used to...and when you do its great but people can't see that right off the bat. I unknowingly got the trophy and hated it. But now I'm starting to see how good it is for all its intents and purposes.
    11-19-2011 11:16 PM
    Both my wife and I have a focus. I let her pick her own phone. She almost picked an Android but in the end she didnt like the messy wallpaper and icon look. She chose WP7 and loves it.
    11-19-2011 11:27 PM
    I almost had a co-worker convinced that WP7 was at least worthy of consideration when his 2-year contract is up. But he came to two realizations, one that Verizon has a crap selection of WP7 phones and, two, and this one took weeks for him to come up with, that he wouldn't have access to the Android apps and referenced "games."

But he's young and bought an i7 laptop for gaming (talk about thermal compromises!) so he'll probably end up with some ridiculous quad core Android phone next year.
    11-20-2011 08:10 AM
    Just me and my father, but he really doesn't count as he still uses it as a feature phone.
    11-20-2011 12:24 PM
    None. Most people I know use either Androids, Blackberries, iPhones or nonsmartphones.

I only know 1 or 2 ppl I've ever met that use Windows phones because I see them post with if on Facebook.

When I showed my HD7 to some friends they had no idea what it was.
    11-20-2011 12:55 PM
    I'm working on convincing my mother to use her upgrade to go from BB to WP since she has ATT

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
    11-20-2011 03:09 PM
    Got most of my family to try it out, including 3 prior iPhone users. They all like it a lot. Some things they wish would be added ect like most people, but are very impressed with the direction MS is headed.
    11-20-2011 03:39 PM
    just me.
    Almost was on my way to having my mother on the wp7 bandwagon; she was long overdue for an upgrade and she'd been using the t-mo shadow (a winmo phone - though she used it/ thought of it as a feature phone) and a flip phone for years. Well, she decided to go to the t-mobile store on a whim to upgrade, she actually asked for the HD7, but they didn't have it in stock and her husband and the salesperson were pushing the latest and greatest LG Optimus GX2 on her. And that was the end of that. Mind you, my mother had been adamant that she didn't want a smartphone, just a feature phone with a keyboard. Now she LOVES her smartphone. How hard is it going to be for me to get her to switch to WP7 once her contract is up, seeing as how she'll have invested learning time in the android os and money in the app ecosystem? The switching costs might be too great. This is what MS is up against.

I might be able to get my uncle to switch. My cousin might have been amenable a year ago but he's become a Luddite. For everyone else, they're already too loyal to their smartphone os or wp7 simply isn't powerful enough for them when it comes to productivity.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    11-20-2011 10:24 PM
    At the end of August my wife and I both dropped our iPhone 3GS. I got a WP and my wife went Android. She hates that phone and wants to go back to Apple. I'm trying to convince her to switch to a WP. I know she likes my WP better than her Android. I told her from the start it would be best if we both had a WP.
    11-21-2011 06:32 PM
    I bought myself and then my girlfriend (who had an iPhone 3GS and wanted my phone after I got it) a Samsung Focus. Then I bought our Daugthers an HTC Surround (shes crazy about music) and LG Quantum (wanted a keyboard) off Craigs list. All of their friends now wants Windows Phone. I took a picture of our four family phones, each with unique covers and live tiles (see attachment).

I've also converted my Boss and co-worked to WP7 as well.
    cedarlog likes this.
    11-23-2011 11:10 PM
    I have successfully converted 5 individuals to windows phone. 1 was a friend, the rest family. still working on my wife, although she seems to be content with a dumb phone. Her having a smart phone would benifit me more than her.
    cedarlog likes this.
    11-23-2011 11:14 PM
    I just upgraded my focus to a titan and it definitely turns heads. My wife had a crap berry but she liked my phone so much that she got a LG quantum. My daughter had a LG quantum but it got stolen.

My sister also has a LG quantum and she loves it. I did not even say anything about how good the windows phone was to influence her. She just liked it.
    11-24-2011 09:16 AM
    After 3-4 weeks of trying to convince 3 of my friends who were interested in the WP os, they finally made the switch! :D so thats 3 in my network. And one of them are gonna try to sell more WP in his work (sprint).
    12-03-2011 11:15 PM
    0. But just convinced one friend to switch from a dumb phone to wp7; these people are easier to convert than well-established smartphone users (it seems). So in about a week if he follows through, it will be 1! :P
    12-03-2011 11:38 PM
    I've never met a another soul who has a wp7. :(
    12-03-2011 11:44 PM
    My wife and I both have a win phone. One of the guys in my office asks to see my Titan almost on a daily basis. Finally I told him to get his friggin own Titan!
    Rockstar Beaver likes this.
    12-04-2011 12:41 AM
    0 friends and family have WP!

Shame on me... it's pretty hard to convert them.

Two of my good friends are both AT&T employees and they're hooked on their iPhone or LTE devices (Android). One told me as soon as WP got multitasking and a front facing cam with Tango, she'd make the jump... she lied :blush:
    12-04-2011 12:44 AM
    My brother just got his Titan today!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    12-04-2011 03:50 AM
    My wife loves her WP. She has a Focus.

My cousin has a Focus, but will be picking up the Nexus. Not because he doesn't like WP, but because he got really upset with AT&T about a billing dispute. So he stopped using AT&T for both home and wireless. And he doesn't like the non-AT&T options. So he plans to give WP a try again after his 2 yr plan is up. He's hoping that Verizon will have some nice options by then.
    12-04-2011 10:23 AM
    I'm a recent convert to WP7 so the only one in my family. Wife has a 2 months old BB Torch so locked in for a while. My daughter is up for an upgrade and begging for a new Android - I think her friends in school are all talking that up to her. I've been showing her how cool WP7 is on my new Focus S. She likes it but not enough.

I do think WP is going to really take off. I had hoped that for WebOS but never thought Palm or HP had the ability to make it happen. MSoft does.
    12-04-2011 10:28 AM
    3 in this family. Mine, my wife, and son have Samsung Focus S. My daughter is still hung on Iphone. After 2 weeks of use I asked my son if he wanted to trade his Focus for an Iphone before the 30 day exchange expiration, his reply, "No way, I love my phone". :P
    12-04-2011 10:31 AM
    I have never met anyone with a wp7..
    12-04-2011 10:32 AM
    My wife and I both have WP7. I tried converting my mom since her upgrade came due. She instead went with a Galaxy S II. I told her about the Android glitches and what not but it still wasn't enough to convince her. However, when it happens to her (which I'm sure it will), she might change her mind. I had her so close, but my sister who is actually there with her convinced her to go the Android route.
    12-04-2011 10:43 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD