how many member of your family or friends uses windows phone

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
so how many members of your family or friends uses windows phone :rolleyes:

i'll start all my family members are part of windows phone we are 4 and all of us using it and i got 2 of my friends own windows phone :happy: no <3 for anything else :lol:

how about you :p

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just me so far. I am the tech guy when it comes to family and friends too. However they all insist on android or iphone's. They all want me to fix their computers or help them set up their home netoworks or even their andrioid / iphone problems. They ask me first when it comes to what they should get when buying a new computer, tv, or any other kind of electronic except when it comes to phones.

It's usually something dumb like "But the iphone integrates with itunes! So that's why I have one." or "Android is what everybody else has so I want to get that."

ugh....

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
None. Why? One person I know puts it best: it's from Microsoft, and she hated her HTC Topaz, or whatever that abomination was.

IMO, MS should of NEVER allowed WinMo past v5. 6, 6.1, and 6.5 were horrid for mindshare, as those were waning just as the iPhone launched. Say what you may, the iPhone, IMO, was probably the best catalyst for actual smartphone developement there was to date. A true touch based interface (helped along with a decent software KB and a capacitive screen - remember how many were resistive displays with styluses back then?) that really set the rockets on making smartphones evermore, the main social portal (IMO, of course).

As for the person I'm using as an example, she only remembers Windows was hard to use on phones. Doesn't care about "mobile," "phone," or whatever branding. "Windows," and "Microsoft" were the issues at heart.

Also totally didn't help MS' marketshare in Asia with MS' near nonexistant support for launguages there. Probably propelled MS' previous #1 WinMo supporter, HTC, to become the first Android manuf. Who am I kidding? MS had trouble taking down Palm (even though Palm torpedoed itself already, after the Handspring reaquisition failed to help), and RIM - which iirc, WinMo never surpassed.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about the rant above. :(

Just a bit of my frustrations with MS' lack of any palpable marketing push for WP7. Maybe when WP8 comes, or when Skype comes... someday.

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Just me. Most of my friends have Android or an iPhone.
Me too....I actually converted most of my fiends and family to iOS (please don't ban me!), but wait till i start showing WP7 off!

I will be starting my quest to convert folk from iOS/Android to WP7.....starting with the wife :D

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I converted my Sister in Law pretty early on in Windows Phone life. She seems to still be enjoying it after a painful time with some under powered Android thing.

I also just converted my Father in Law and his partner to the Nokia Lumia 800 and I think I convinced my Cousin to jump on board with the Lumia 800 too.

I'm doing well :)

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I converted my Sister in Law pretty early on in Windows Phone life. She seems to still be enjoying it after a painful time with some under powered Android thing.

I also just converted my Father in Law and his partner to the Nokia Lumia 800 and I think I convinced my Cousin to jump on board with the Lumia 800 too.

I'm doing well :)
Good Job!! Should we ask MS for a cut of their marketing budget? ;)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Working the soft sell. Never pass up an opportunity to pull out my WP to solve a problem or capture a moment. And when asked, make sure they know it's a Windows Phone. Now, as long as reps keep WP on a level playing field, good chance these folks will consider WP when making a purchasing decision.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just me and the wife. I'm in the same boat as TailZora above. I get asked to fix everything, my recommendations and they go buy an android phone or an iPhone. My 2 best friends still insist on blackberries!

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
so how many members of your family or friends uses windows phone

None. Zero. Zip!

Everyone I know has a mix of iPhone, assorted Androids or Blackberry. I've only ever seen one WP7 out in the wild; at a rugby match a couple of months back. Some bloke with a HD7 and a girlfriend who drinks pints, so clearly a man of taste!

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Me, my gf, my sister in law, and my brother. My other brother is already committed to converting, just waiting to check out the Titan.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just me. Most of my friends have Android or an iPhone.

Yep, same situation for me here.

I do enjoy finding answers faster than my brother in law who has been the family's answer man for some time now thanks to his IP4. The current GF is pretty impressed with what my phone can do though and so, I MIGHT be able to swing her over when the time comes for her to get a new phone but... she's pretty solidly invested in her iPhone at this point so, it's not going to be an easy sell to switch her over.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Me and my stepsister. And I was very excited to find out the chick that sets beside me in class has a Focus. I discovered she has Mango on it today because in the middle of class I heard "Say your message" in that Tellme voice :)

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers