New HTC Titan owner... new to WP7

adood84

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

First post on here :) , since Friday 11.11.11 ( my birthday) I' the proud owner of the Titan got it as a gift from my lovely wife :D

Any I seem to have figured my way around the OS and but have somequestions and not sure about how to go about it. So here are my questions:

1. How do you go forward in the browser? I know if u you press back you go back but what happens if I want to go forwards?

2. I noticed when somebody sends me a message on Kik or whatsapp then i don't get any indicator on the look screen. Is it an app issue or setting? Or is it an OS limitation?

3. I want to out this large beautiful screen to good use, and would like to convert some movies to optimal size/codec what are they and what's the best app considering I'm using a Mac.

Thanks in advanced and sorry for the noob questions :)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Check out TVersity. I am not sure but it may be able to transcode on the fly. This will eliminate the need to convert all of your movies to WP 480x800 formats.

Looks like this may work too
WP7Lab App: Media Browser for WP7

Problem with transcoding on the fly is you obviously need to have an internet connection. TVersity is streaming over a website I think, not an app.

Let me know what you find as it will be the first app that I am getting when I finally am able to get a damn titan.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

First post on here :) , since Friday 11.11.11 ( my birthday) I' the proud owner of the Titan got it as a gift from my lovely wife :D

Any I seem to have figured my way around the OS and but have somequestions and not sure about how to go about it. So here are my questions:

1. How do you go forward in the browser? I know if u you press back you go back but what happens if I want to go forwards?

2. I noticed when somebody sends me a message on Kik or whatsapp then i don't get any indicator on the look screen. Is it an app issue or setting? Or is it an OS limitation?

3. I want to out this large beautiful screen to good use, and would like to convert some movies to optimal size/codec what are they and what's the best app considering I'm using a Mac.

Thanks in advanced and sorry for the noob questions :)

Hi m7ammed

1. There isn't a forward button. I suggest clicking on the link to go forward or you can also click on the 3 little dots and click on recent.

2. Developers don't have access to the Lock screen yet to put 3rd party notifications :(

3. Sorry no idea :(

I hope you enjoy your phone WP7.5 is great let us know what you think :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You should be getting toast notifications (I think) with Kik, a little popup at the top of the screen that will disappear after about 20 seconds, alog with an audible notification. You might also see a counter on the Kik Live tile, but no fixed notification on the lock screen. Think of how that could get with a dozen apps dropping notifications/counters on that screen.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

adood84

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok converted a video a free video converter from the Mac App store called "Free video converter" lol will try Handbreak.

Yeah with Kik I get the toasts and the live tile update so should be enough was asking to see if there something I'm missing.

I'm loving this phone camera is amazing. Now since I own an iPhone can someone tell me if there are some special app/games that are exclusive to the WP7 which I could buy or try out that are not on iOS?

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Apple OS on the PC and Windows on the Phone, I must say that is rare indeed :)

If it was windows os on the PC, i would have recommended freemake video converter, it's free and fast and has preset conversion settings for mobile phones

adood84

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Apple OS on the PC and Windows on the Phone, I must say that is rare indeed :)

If it was windows os on the PC, i would have recommended freemake video converter, it's free and fast and has preset conversion settings for mobile phones

Also to add I have an iPhone 4 :D this phone is replacing my blackberry torch ;)

adood84

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok question when I back up using WindowsPhone Connector what actually gets backed up? application Data ? emails? SMS? accounts setup? is there a way to backup to the cloud like the iPhone?

Also is there a way for me to sync all my folders in my Hotmail?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok converted a video a free video converter from the Mac App store called "Free video converter" lol will try Handbreak.

Yeah with Kik I get the toasts and the live tile update so should be enough was asking to see if there something I'm missing.

I'm loving this phone camera is amazing. Now since I own an iPhone can someone tell me if there are some special app/games that are exclusive to the WP7 which I could buy or try out that are not on iOS?

My favorite exclusive WP7 games:

Xbox Live:
Fable: Coin Golf
Hydro Thunder GO
Kinectimals
Tentacles

Non Xbox Live:
Survivalcraft
Putt In Golf

Apps:
IGN (if you are a gamer)
USA Today (for news and weather)
Fantasia Painter (Its like photoshop in your pocket)
ESPN Scorecenter
Kindle
Netflix
SkyMap
WP7 News

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok question when I back up using WindowsPhone Connector what actually gets backed up? application Data ? emails? SMS? accounts setup? is there a way to backup to the cloud like the iPhone?

Also is there a way for me to sync all my folders in my Hotmail?

I don't use backups so I am not sure about that. Through Zune though I sync my pictures. Contacts will be saved to your windows live ID.

Yes, you can sync all your emails & folders by just adding them to your linked inbox. Tap on your linked inbox, hit the 3 dots and go to Folders then tap "Show all folders" for each email account.

adood84

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't use backups so I am not sure about that. Through Zune though I sync my pictures. Contacts will be saved to your windows live ID.

Yes, you can sync all your emails & folders by just adding them to your linked inbox. Tap on your linked inbox, hit the 3 dots and go to Folders then tap "Show all folders" for each email account.

for the email I go to folders then I have to sync each one by one which is not very efficient. Is there another way? Also it won't download emails that are already in the folders !!

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
for the email I go to folders then I have to sync each one by one which is not very efficient. Is there another way? Also it won't download emails that are already in the folders !!

Check your sync settings for each mail account so it's set to download all messages. The default is the past 7 days. There are other options as well such as the last month.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss