The Engadget Show (Featuring Stephen Elop)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I once hear an Engadget Podcast but there was this really obnoxious guy screaming and interrupting the others. I couldn't stand it.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just thought i'd post it Winterfang, just incase anything of interest to our US friends might be mentioned.

I have no idea who will be hosting it.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh well nothing new learned, but never mind, at least WP won the race to set the brightness. :)

What more could you ask for? LOL

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Awww, mad I missed this! I attended almost every single Engadget show until the format change (I vividly remember squirming in my seat during the Aaron woodman interview) and I haven't been following it as closely since. I'll have catch up on this when they release it.

@winterfang are you referring to Nilay Patel - one of the former cohosts of the Engadget podcast/show? He is EXTREMELY interruptive - I remember watching his antics during several shows and thinking "oh my, he's like an irl internet troll. Maybe he wasn't given enough attention as a kid". Mind you, I've been listening to the podcast forever (since Rojas and block) but I that that still didn't fully prepare me for his on-stage obnoxiousness. He does great legal analysis though.

Josh Topolsky is also quite interruptive and during interviews with most people (woodman, Jon Rubinstein, and other execs) he doesn't give the level of deference that you'd expect from an interviewer (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). it's simultaneously refreshing (when he asks the questions that you want answered) and infuriating (when he doesn't let the guest give an answer or almost talks to them mockingly). It seems like his brand of obnoxiousness stems more from passion, a caustic sense of humor and new media/late-night/informal podcast approach to interviewing.

Of course , neither of them are there anymore (they're now doing their own verge show) and the current host, Tim Stevens is much more subdued from what I've seen. The current show is almost like a bizarro version of the old one, given the bearded host and the plaided cohost - all they they need now is a brash third wheel who pairs track jackets with shirts and ties.

I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamic bw he and Elop and being able to compare to it to a possible Topolsky/Elop interview.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs