HTC updates

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Still not getting them (both 7740 and HTC Wifi sharing). Should I be worried?

I hate this. I wish they are more informative about this updates thing and not let us in the dark as to when we should be getting updates. Why not give me date so I don't have to keep checking anxiously.

Also, should I connect to Zune to check for available updates? or my phone should also notify me without being connected to zune? my phone is always connected either to 3G or Wifi.

HTC HD7 unbranded, Singapore

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
guess u live near a golden tower then, where I live the sprint 3G is like dialup and is unusable before 2am and sometimes I'll cut down to 1x which makes the situation worse. I'm currently in the process of switching to T-mobile and currently my speeds are tons better even tho occasionally in my bedroom I'll drop to EDGE which is still faster than sprint.

LOL golden tower.

I actually am switching to T-Mobile too. I just really need a phone with internet sharing and the HTC Radar does that. Also if you buy the phone outright you can pay only $59 / month for unlimited text and web with 450 minutes. That's a good deal in my opinion. I have also heard that with the HTC Radar it doesn't check your account with internet sharing so you don't have to pay any extra for it!

P.S. Yes, I know T-mobile doesn't have REAL unlimited data like Sprint. Sprint is full-speed all the time. T-Mobile they cut your speeds down after you go over 2GB. That's fine with me.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here State's side with an Arrive getting the update? I've still got Sprint and the 7720. What's in the update anyway? maybe I missed the description.

Would trying to force it like I did to get Mango early work? Anybody have luck doing that?

Last edited:

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
LOL golden tower.

I actually am switching to T-Mobile too. I just really need a phone with internet sharing and the HTC Radar does that. Also if you buy the phone outright you can pay only $59 / month for unlimited text and web with 450 minutes. That's a good deal in my opinion. I have also heard that with the HTC Radar it doesn't check your account with internet sharing so you don't have to pay any extra for it!

P.S. Yes, I know T-mobile doesn't have REAL unlimited data like Sprint. Sprint is full-speed all the time. T-Mobile they cut your speeds down after you go over 2GB. That's fine with me.

I have the HD7 with internet sharing and I'm on the $30 prepay plan with 100 talk, unlimited text and 5GB of data, couldn't do 2GB I'd be over that in a week and a half. I'm already over 1GB so far and I just started this plan last Friday.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed my HD7 with the leaked official Mango version.
Is this the reason I didnt get any of the updates ? (Microsoft 7740 and HTC tethering)

Or is it my country/operator ?

Has any of you with the leaked ROM get any of the updates?

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My Mozart was flashed with the leaked Mango official ROM, and I got the HTC update fine. The 7740 one might just not have rolled out to everyone yet.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
same specs, no update too... i wonder why

Why can't we just download the update ourselves (some .EXE file) and just run it from our PCs.. Should be simple right? I hate this Zune/OTA update thing.

All they have to do is provide the link to download.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the HD7 with internet sharing and I'm on the $30 prepay plan with 100 talk, unlimited text and 5GB of data, couldn't do 2GB I'd be over that in a week and a half. I'm already over 1GB so far and I just started this plan last Friday.

Yeah I actually ended up getting the 500 minutes with unlimited text and 5GB plan. I blew through 1GB on my third day lol. But that's because I was just messing around with Internet Sharing. 5GB will be plenty for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720