Couple of questions

M

mkr10001

Hi

the lumia came yesterday and it's great. I have a few questions though.

Is there a way to tell whether a text message has sent. Where I am at the moment I have terrible phone signal and as there is no outbox or sent box on wp7, how can i tell whether a message has sent or is waiting to be sent?

Also, if I make an app in visual studio using the sdk, can i install straight to my phone ?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey MKR10001

you have a option foer the texting

messaging HUB --> 3 dots at buttom --> Setings --> SMS delivery Comfirmation --> ON

for the app your phone needs to be DEV or chev un-locked.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If student, unlock 1 device free. Dev, unlock 3 for 100usd/year (part of a full dev account on MSDN with app submission privileges). Chevron unlock $9 per device. First two unlocks limited to 8 dev apps at a time, iirc. Dunno about the other.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Edit: student and dev don't unlock phone per-se, simply allow self developed applications to be installed.

M

mkr10001

hey MKR10001

you have a option foer the texting

messaging HUB --> 3 dots at buttom --> Setings --> SMS delivery Comfirmation --> ON

for the app your phone needs to be DEV or chev un-locked.

If that's delivery reports I don't want that. My network has started charging for them....thieving so and so's

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
you get charged for delivery notification?..... rip off.. you could always try it and see if it charges you.(cant be mroe then a phew cents 10-25cents) but it sorta works like BBM you know when some one reads your msg....

well another way to know , if you hit SEND.. it won’t send unless you have reception and your gona have the option ( on the msg ) to try again . if it doesn’t ask you to try again. then it sent. lol ( it can take up to 10min before you get the TRY AGAIN option )

M

mkr10001

you get charged for delivery notification?..... rip off.. you could always try it and see if it charges you.(cant be mroe then a phew cents 10-25cents) but it sorta works like BBM you know when some one reads your msg....

well another way to know , if you hit SEND.. it won?t send unless you have reception and your gona have the option ( on the msg ) to try again . if it doesn?t ask you to try again. then it sent. lol ( it can take up to 10min before you get the TRY AGAIN option )

Yep, it's 1p but that's not the point really. 100 messages that's an extra ?1!!! If I use all 5000 messages....well....

Yeah I'll keep an eye out for that try again option.

M

mkr10001

If student, unlock 1 device free. Dev, unlock 3 for 100usd/year (part of a full dev account on MSDN with app submission privileges). Chevron unlock $9 per device. First two unlocks limited to 8 dev apps at a time, iirc. Dunno about the other.

Cheers dude, this student dreamspark thing is a palava lol

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

well another way to know , if you hit SEND.. it won?t send unless you have reception and your gona have the option ( on the msg ) to try again . if it doesn?t ask you to try again. then it sent. lol ( it can take up to 10min before you get the TRY AGAIN option )

Like Se1fcr3ation said, if it doesn't send you get a message. I've had that happen a few times when I am in the basement of a building.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If the text doesn't send you will get a error message "was not able to send, try again later". Your friends just ignoring you and not responding. JK :)

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Pic or GTFO

:) I'm not seeing this. I've tried it by texting some random 20 digit number, I tried a Facebook message to an off-line friend. I'm not seeing this.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
still not working for me , i sent a bunch of text out as well.... no go!!!!

i dunno why they dont have live tile for messaging , flip over to see the toast notification you last had.
like the WPC app

M

mkr10001

Pic or GTFO

:) I'm not seeing this. I've tried it by texting some random 20 digit number, I tried a Facebook message to an off-line friend. I'm not seeing this.

Try pressing try again a few times

sorry it's a bit greasy, ive attached a a pic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon