The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    WP has lackluster brightness settings. The lowest setting is still too high. It hurts my eye to even look at the phone in low light settings. We need something like a slider that can change the brightness OR add more brightness presets.

EDIT: I found this over at windows uservoice. It is just what we need. Please vote:
    http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...ment?ref=title
    Last edited by propeller10; 11-18-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    11-18-2011 12:14 PM
    I'll note the Focus S brightness settings relative to the Focus:

High: matches Focus
    Medium: dimmer
    Low: significantly dimmer than Focus

But you are right, the granularity is... lacking. Also wish for something like Apple's autobrightness, where the user may choose a "preference point."
    propeller10 likes this.
    11-18-2011 12:23 PM
    I'll note the Focus S brightness settings relative to the Focus:

High: matches Focus
    Medium: dimmer
    Low: significantly dimmer than Focus

But you are right, the granularity is... lacking. Also wish for something like Apple's autobrightness, where the user may choose a "preference point."
    If that's the case, they should make an update for the focus to fix this. I used to own a Ipod touch and it had the perfect brightness settings with a slider. I wish MS couls implement that in WP. It is so much more flexible.

BTW I assume you own a focus. Do you experience this problem?
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/foc...tm#post1590358
    11-18-2011 12:35 PM
    lol i have my focus on HIGH and some times i wish it was brighter.. HAHA ;)

more setting would be nice doh.
    propeller10 likes this.
    11-18-2011 12:43 PM
    lol i have my focus on HIGH and some times i wish it was brighter.. HAHA ;)

more setting would be nice doh.
    You probably have a defective on :P

seriously though, my eyes tear up when the screen is all white.
    11-18-2011 05:56 PM
    My Optimus 7 is always on low and I can see everything perfectly except in direct sunlight at 12:00-2:00PM but when I choose the max brightness the phone turns into freaking Cyclops.
    propeller10 likes this.
    11-18-2011 08:50 PM
    My Optimus 7 is always on low and I can see everything perfectly except in direct sunlight at 12:00-2:00PM but when I choose the max brightness the phone turns into freaking Cyclops.
    haha true. I tried maximum brightness on my focus and all he11 broke loose. :D
    11-19-2011 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD