We reach 50,000 apps

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
1wp-mp-nov11.png

Edit: woops still only 40,000 apps. False alarm everyone, I just read the graph wrong lol.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
With all these app store credits being given out wth new Mango phones there should be a huge influx of cash for developers :). That should inspire a couple more new apps.
We'll be over 50,000 in no time.. :D

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
With all these app store credits being given out wth new Mango phones there should be a huge influx of cash for developers :). That should inspire a couple more new apps.
We'll be over 50,000 in no time.. :D

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Forever this ^^^^

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
What number is a respectable number? 50k? or 100k?

At what point will the critics stop saying, "windows marketplace only has x number of apps"

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll take quality apps over quantity. If there are only a few dozen GOOD apps, then I couldn't care less if we ever hit 100k apps.

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
There's just never enough apps for WP even tho we already have 90% of the most wanted apps from other platforms. Then there are those that just don't understand that most things on WP can be done without even launching an app.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll take quality apps over quantity. If there are only a few dozen GOOD apps, then I couldn't care less if we ever hit 100k apps.

To be honest, Windows Phone rarely separates paid apps into lite versions since they have the try features. If they did it diferently we would have at least 70,000 by now.

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, Windows Phone rarely separates paid apps into lite versions since they have the try features. If they did it diferently we would have at least 70,000 by now.

A lot of the paid apps are more expensive compared to iPhone and Android.

I know Microsoft has to sell games at a more expensive price due to integration with Xbox Live but thats gonna be a downfall imo.

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site

I know Microsoft has to sell games at a more expensive price due to integration with Xbox Live but thats gonna be a downfall imo.

seem to forget about the deal of the week that goes on every single Wednesday. Something iOS and Android don't do. One also doesn't have to worry about fake Netflix apps stealing ones information on WP like on android. U failed again homes.

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
seem to forget about the deal of the week that goes on every single Wednesday. Something iOS and Android don't do. One also doesn't have to worry about fake Netflix apps stealing ones information on WP like on android. U failed again homes.

First of all, I find it funny how you stalk my posts and try to bash Android like I really care.

Second, the whole malware/information theft BS is completely exaggerated. I've used Android for 2 years, downloaded plenty of apps and information and have never had any problems.

I know lots of ppl with Androids and no issues with them either.

Try again troll.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
There's just never enough apps for WP even tho we already have 90% of the most wanted apps from other platforms. Then there are those that just don't understand that most things on WP can be done without even launching an app.

It's the other 10% that bother me. There are a lot of things I used to do with my PDA that I can't do now with my Arrive. Ballistics is one of them. I am a hobbyist marksman and would love to have a program on my phone that I could use for exterior ballistics but there is absolutely nothing out there for it unless I hack my phone to allow me to side load one. I don't think I should have to pay "X" amount of money or provide some other hack to unlock a phone to allow me to install a program that I want to onto it. I know this is the way things are moving toward with smartphones but I do not like it or support it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

The downside isn't that they are more expensive, the downfall is that the suck hard compared to the originals.

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I find it funny how you stalk my posts and try to bash Android like I really care.

Second, the whole malware/information theft BS is completely exaggerated. I've used Android for 2 years, downloaded plenty of apps and information and have never had any problems.

I know lots of ppl with Androids and no issues with them either.

Try again troll.
You don't like my android bashing you can go on over to android central. And you call me a troll? jaja wow ub?case!

The downside isn't that they are more expensive, the downfall is that the suck hard compared to the originals.

because they haven't yet been updated to mango once most of the apps get their mango updates they will work wonders.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
What number is a respectable number? 50k? or 100k?

At what point will the critics stop saying, "windows marketplace only has x number of apps"

I'd say 100k. That is when people stopped whining about Android's app selection. I bought an OG Droid on launch day, and I can say Android's early app selection was much worse than WP7's initial. I'd say when Android market reached 100K is when they had a similar number of quality apps as we do now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire