Getting a new WP7 phone.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Getting a new WP7 phone. Titan or Radar?

So I have the HTC Arrive and I love my TRUE unlimited data plan where I get full-speed 3G that won't quit after 2GB of data. I watch A LOT of netflix on my phone using my data-plan.

However... circumstances have changed and I won't NEED unlimited data like that anymore in my life. Also, Christmas is coming early to me this year and I have decided I want a new WP7.

I am leaving Sprint mostly because they don't have any new WP7 devices since the Arrive and they haven't announced anything new. Nokia World has come and gone, HTC and Samsung are making new WP7 devices for other carriers and still no news on anything for Sprint. Also that advertisement where they were suggesting people trade in their phone for an upgrade with a picture of an Arrive wrapped in poison ivy irked me.

So... the phones I have decided to look into:
Samsung Focus S.
HTC Titan.
HTC Radar.

I think we can eliminate the Focus S right off the bat because of all the problems I have been hearing that people are having with them. Also I heard the build quality isn't that good.

So that leaves the Titan and the Radar.

Titan pro's:
- BIG screen (I like watching netflix on my phone)
- 1.5Ghz processor. Bascially top-of the line hardware all around.
- Good battery life with the 1600Mh.
- Internet sharing (Can somebody confirm this? Does it cost more to have this feature on AT&T?)
- 4G!

Titan con's:
- AT&T. (I HATE AT&T! I don't get good service where I live and I had them before and got screwed on my bill a couple times and it was a nightmare to fix.)
- BIG screen (Hard to type holding the phone in one hand.)
- More expensive. (The phone is $100 more and AT&T's contracts are more expensive.)

Radar pro's:
- One of the best battery-lifes for windows phones. (This is because of a larger battery than most WP7 phones and it being a 1Ghz)
- T-Mobile has cheap plans!
- Internet sharing that doesn't cost extra. (That's what I have heard, can I get a confirmation?)
- 4G!

Radar con's:
- Cannot change out the battery. (This is kind of cool though because the entire case is made out of a single block of metal.)
- Only 8GB internal storage with no option to add more.
- Size is a little small for me, but it's bigger than the Arrive so I think id be Ok with that.

Your guys' thoughts on the Radar vs. the Titan? I think I like the Titan as a phone more... but I will save more $ with the Radar and the Radar does have better battery life even though they both have great battery life. If the Titan was on T-Mobile I don't think this thread would exist :)

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Very cool! How's the reception in your area with T-Mobile?

I get 3 bars of 4G AT my house, but in my bedroom it goes down to 2G. Kinda sucks but when at home I got wifi so it's all good. My house is very old and probably has led inside those brick walls. lol.

I did get 2 bars of Sprint 3G when I had that though... oh well.

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I get 3 bars of 4G AT my house, but in my bedroom it goes down to 2G. Kinda sucks but when at home I got wifi so it's all good. My house is very old and probably has led inside those brick walls. lol.

I did get 2 bars of Sprint 3G when I had that though... oh well.

this is exactly my situation but I don't have WiFi. Doesn't do it as much anymore than it did when I first activated my HD7 hmm? My arrive would go to 1x sometimes too but if it does do it EDGE is still faster than sprint 3G.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I chatted today with an online person about the upgrade and keeping your unlimited data plan and what hew said was if in the upgrade process when you get to data plan if you seeuse existing data pln thenyou can if yo dont you cant I believe that the use curret plan may not be an option with the iPhone but should be okay for other phones. I will kewep yall posted as i get further into it i may do a trial run later tonight

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234