Google account sync

galius

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I own a Nokia Lumia 800 since last week and I have configured my google account via MS exchange server and not with the normal "google" account sync option.

I've done it this way because on my iPhone it was the only way to get a proper sync... For some reason, I'd thought it's not going to be different on WP7... I know... it's stupid, for many reasons.

Anyway, it's working ok so far, except for one thing: when I receive an invitation on google calendar I cannot accept/tentatively accept/decline it, the option just isn't there, I just can reply via a standard email...
I can, nonetheless, see the invitation in the calendar application of the phone and of course reply from the online google calendar web page.

Has anyone of you tried to configure his google account with the "google" account configuration option? Does is make any difference or is the behavior the same as described above?

In case I want to change the way I sync my account, what happens with gmail contacts linked to facebook/windows live/linked in/etc. ? Will I have to re-link every single one of them (for the not automatic ones, of course) ?

Thanks for your help!

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Probably not possible. There are a lot of google services that Google has blocked Microsoft from releasing and supporting on WP7 through legal means. If Microsoft was doing it, they would be getting sued like crazy, but, ahh well.

galius

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your answer enahs555, I was thinking that it would be a standard feature since google claims that I can configure my email via MS exchange...

Anyway, it used to be the same on the iPhone, but now it's working just fine, I guess google will solve this problem when WP will gain momentum.

But I'm still curious to know if it works with the Gmail default configuration option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans