11-22-2011 07:26 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    page 1 to page 4

page 1: DUEL-CORE

PAge 4: Racist comments and white girls VS Latina girls.

did i miss something? this sounds like the TELEPHONE game i played as a kid ,

talk about off topic. Lol

( PS I love them Brazilian girls :P ) lol
    11-22-2011 10:49 AM

Why is MS mandating last year specs on phones with a next gen UI? Why is that a brilliant move in your estimation? If I lock myself into a contract as we pretty much have to in the USA, why is it ignorant to not want 2010 specs when the phone will pretty much have to carry the owner into late 2013?
    7.5 runs just fine on a single core. They should jump on the bleeding edge hardware with lack of optimization boat though, right?

Phones are moving to dual cores for a reason, and until I upgraded to a 4S that reason eluded me. It's simply a faster, smoother, better, and more fluid experience no matter how you try to rationalize it. It allows for more growth and potential out of the UI then a single core can. Why is that ignorant?
    Great, what If I don't want an iPhone though? Android has dual cores but its worthless until ICS. Also, battery life on 4S lost like a third of its idle time to dual core. And dual core battery life on Android is a joke.

It certainly allows for better gaming, something Microsoft knows a little bit about. Yet they are content to offer Angry Birds and Plants vs Zombies, last year's iOS titles as a draw?
    What games? Most iOS games are low end.

For the life of me I cannot understand why MS is content to skate to where the puck was some time ago, rather then where it is now, or will be. Especially when they really nailed it with the UI. The only thing funnier is the devout Windows phone owners trying to con others, including themselves into a line of thinking that mediocre specs is better and will serve some greater good. My guess, Windows handset makers are content to use cheaper specs as they do not expect them to sell at this point, recognizing they are in a foundation period. Of course MS themselves mandates the min specs so perhaps they realize it too.
    Microsoft doesn't want to deal with bleeding edge yet. Its that simple.
    sin_nombre773 likes this.
    11-22-2011 11:07 AM
    Single core is more than fine for now. And it will be fine for the duration of WP7's life.

Right now, dual-cores wouldn't be put to good use. It would be a waste of money. The only purpose of having it would be to hope it's upgradeable to WP8. But since we're not aware of what the system requirements would be for WP8, it's a gamble. For all we know, there could be a quad-core minimum spec. Or there might be some specific sensors that will be required for WP8, making your current dual-core non-upgradable. Then what do you do with your dual-core device?

I'm pretty sure that when WP8 is released, with it's own set of minimum specs, there will still be a large market for WP7. But it will be mainly for cheaper smartphones. While WP8 will be relegated to the higher end handsets with a slightly more aggressive minimum spec.

For WP7, faster single-core processors with better GPUs are the way to go.
    11-22-2011 01:01 PM
    And what the **** are all the posts about Latina women vs White women?

Have a little respect for people as INDIVIDUALS. Individuals, no matter what their race, will have their own personal good or bad attributes.

And beauty is an OPINION.

Geez.
    wolf1891 likes this.
    11-22-2011 01:10 PM
    I for one am glad MS is not putting their energy 100% into hardware ( wish would be a HORRIBLE choice ) cause we would be just like ANDROID. (Fragmentation , bad coding, malware , horrible experience )

and duel-core would cause fragmentation of the OS like Android , honestly rather have a SLOW OS then a Slow Fragmented OS . HAHA right?

Instead!!

They decided to go the software rout: not talking about apps and blah blah.... what im saying is that they have a WELL PROGRAMED , and PROPERLY CODED OS ( something android lacks ,( probly the worst programming/coding ive ever seen related to the sad reality of OPEN SOURCE)

example of this ( not exactly for cell phone but the compete is the same )

I make MAPS for Starcraft 2 and we use ALLOT of triggers to code the game

i can make a trigger to spawn a unit in 2 lines ( like WP )
    OR
    I can make a trigger to spawn a Unit in 10 Lines ( like Android)

Now imagine having 1000000 programs all with an additional 20lines you can imagine it wouldn’t be as smooth in the end.(hence why they NEED duel-core )

and that makes a UGE different on the performance of the game/app/map/program w/e you wana call it.

this is an issue WP doesn’t have , it was done the right way hence why even without a duel core it runs as smooth if not smother.

basically right now for me to have duel-core on my focus , the only thing that would change is i wouldn’t really see any tile re-draw,... but i already dont see it if i blink as i swipe .. LOL
    11-22-2011 01:12 PM
    LOL, why is anyone even responding to this guy. It's a shame you can't just call him a ******* and move on. Nope can't do that, then you'll have a PM from Big D5, and you don't want that. So I won't call him an *******.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    power5 likes this.
    11-22-2011 01:54 PM
    LOL, why is anyone even responding to this guy. It's a shame you can't just call him a ******* and move on. Nope can't do that, then you'll have a PM from Big D5, and you don't want that. So I won't call him an *******.

Happy Thanksgiving.

LMAO

Which one! of the ******* are you talkign about? cant complain to much doh we are still better off then Android central and TIPB, hehe

i think WP converted tomany Android and Iphone fan boys...hehe ;)
    11-22-2011 02:22 PM

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Thanks for that,

I think it's time to shoot this horse dead and walk away nothing more to be seen here. It was a fun ride though.

Later,
    Dave
    11-22-2011 07:26 PM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD