I just bought a Focus S and love it. I think my dad would love it too, but right now he's rocking a super cheap samsung, and he doesn't want to add a data which is why we're trying to buy it off contract. I was wondering what is the cheapest windows 7 phone that i can get?

Thanks!
    11-20-2011 05:15 PM
    I bought a Dell Venue Pro for $299 off contract.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express
    11-20-2011 05:18 PM
    I bought an HTC HD7 off cowbarn for $129. Used but it's in great condition.
    11-20-2011 05:56 PM
    craigslist.com
    ebay.com
    11-20-2011 06:10 PM
    Used is a whole different animal. I assumed he wanted a new phone. Amazon has the OG Focus for about $270.
    11-20-2011 06:14 PM
    hey, i forgot to specify, I don't mind if its used or not.
    11-20-2011 07:05 PM
    You're still going to have to pay for data.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-20-2011 07:26 PM
    craigslist.com
    ebay.com
    Plus Amazon and NewEgg.You can probably find a new one for around $200. Amazon normally list used ones through know sellers.
    11-20-2011 07:30 PM
    You're still going to have to pay for data.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    If his current phone has a voice only SIM card he may not have to add data and of course he won't get any.
    11-20-2011 07:32 PM
    You will need data even if you buy off contract.
    11-20-2011 09:04 PM
    I saw the Focus Flash at 199.99 but I'm not sure if I trust that site.
    11-20-2011 09:06 PM
    Yeah, I am not sure it will work (as a phone) without being activated properly which will require data...
    11-20-2011 09:26 PM
    Picked up the Surround today on ebay for $145.
    11-20-2011 10:45 PM
    Check up craigslist. You're normally able to find a decent deal. I got my Focus for 160usd (not counting driving, :P), though which phone is cheaper, may vary from area to area. Normally, the HTC phones have a higher resale value
    11-20-2011 11:40 PM
    I think the Samsung Focus is the best priced Windows Phone, you can get one a brand new one for $220 on NewEgg here:

Newegg.com - Samsung Focus SGH-I917 Black 3G Windows Phone 7 Cell Phone For AT&T

I bought mine used in really good condition off craigslist for $130

also don't pay attention to these dudes saying you can't use without data, phone activates fine without data
    11-21-2011 08:59 PM
    I think the Samsung Focus is the best priced Windows Phone, you can get one a brand new one for $220 on NewEgg here:

Newegg.com - Samsung Focus SGH-I917 Black 3G Windows Phone 7 Cell Phone For AT&T

I bought mine used in really good condition off craigslist for $130

also don't pay attention to these dudes saying you can't use without data, phone activates fine without data
    $220 for a brand new Focus is a great price.
    11-21-2011 09:31 PM
    $220 for a brand new Focus is a great price.
    Created an account just to ask this question. Is this really a good deal? I am looking to purchase my first windows phone, should have done it last year but ended up with an Android (MyTouch 4g), but I definitely want to get a Windows Phone this time.

Our company has a corporate plan on AT&T and so I was actually looking at getting the new Samsung Focus S off contract (I want to own the phone myself and not have it owned by the company) to serve as my work phone. At $589 off contract at Amazon Wireless, the Focus S is expensive. Should I just get the Samsung Focus instead? I fear that if I settle for the 1st Gen Focus, I will regret not getting the newer Focus S with the better screen and faster processor, just like I regretted getting the Mazda3 vs the Mazdaspeeed3 (but that is a different story LOL).
    11-21-2011 10:58 PM
    Created an account just to ask this question. Is this really a good deal? I am looking to purchase my first windows phone, should have done it last year but ended up with an Android (MyTouch 4g), but I definitely want to get a Windows Phone this time.

Our company has a corporate plan on AT&T and so I was actually looking at getting the new Samsung Focus S off contract (I want to own the phone myself and not have it owned by the company) to serve as my work phone. At $589 off contract at Amazon Wireless, the Focus S is expensive. Should I just get the Samsung Focus instead? I fear that if I settle for the 1st Gen Focus, I will regret not getting the newer Focus S with the better screen and faster processor, just like I regretted getting the Mazda3 vs the Mazdaspeeed3 (but that is a different story LOL).
    Get the Focus Flash instead. $339 off contract if you get it from Amazon Wireless.
    Finchee likes this.
    11-21-2011 11:45 PM
    Get the Focus Flash instead. $339 off contract if you get it from Amazon Wireless.
    I think the Focus Flash's screen is too small for me. I think my MyTouch 4g screen is too small for me and it is already at 3.8 inches. I am looking for something around the 4 inch mark and one that uses AMOLED. Which is why I am looking at the Focus, Focus S, might have to check out the Titan too (only S-LCD though).

I agree with the price though, it seems like a good deal as well. But if I'm going to get the Focus Flash with the 3.7 inch screen, I might as well wait for the Nokia Lumia 800 even if it is going to cost more.
    11-22-2011 12:15 AM
    Got an original Focus in good condition from Cowboom.com for $90 shipped about two weeks ago. I won mine in an auction, but keep an eye out - they normally sell for $119 and you can buy a year warranty for $20 if you're worried about buying a used phone.
    11-22-2011 12:39 PM
    Got an original Focus in good condition from Cowboom.com for $90 shipped about two weeks ago. I won mine in an auction, but keep an eye out - they normally sell for $119 and you can buy a year warranty for $20 if you're worried about buying a used phone.
    I got to say this. I had no idea who cowboom was until you showed up. Now i see it in everyone of your post. They should pay you a commission.
    selfcreation likes this.
    11-22-2011 12:45 PM
    I got to say this. I had no idea who cowboom was until you showed up. Now i see it in everyone of your post. They should pay you a commission.
    Just trying to help people out.
    11-22-2011 12:51 PM
    Right now there are a lot of cheap phones on the Amazon Wireless site, if you can get in.
    11-22-2011 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD